Animated ... Sculptures?

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194
edited July 2022 in Carrara Discussion

I have yet to get into Carrara's physics, but Jean Tinguely's kinetic art makes me want to try.  

For some reason this Forum won't let me post a Vimeo link to his work.  If you're interested, try searching "Making Modern | The Art of Jean Tinguely Comes Alive"

Its a short Vimeo video about the works displayed at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH)

Post edited by Steve K on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,900
    edited July 2022

looks fun

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited July 2022

Thanks for pointing out that artist @Steve K, it's one of those things I plan on doing once I get better with my 3d printing.

If you start doing things like this in 3d printing I imagine Tinkercad is fairly fairly simple but good.

and Windows 3d Build is neat for cleaning up models (making them water tight)  before you print them.

I've also had a small look at making things with Arduino Arduino - Home - electronics have come a long way since the last time I fiddled.

Domestika aalso has afew courses for making moving objects.

There's also stuff like this you could do in Carrara - see next post

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited July 2022

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Fascinating.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

WendyLuvsCatz said:

looks fun

Indeed.  In that first one he mentions "percussion instruments" (~2:20), and I think it is shown in later clips.  Reminds me of an old fave:

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Headwax said:

Thanks for pointing out that artist @Steve K, it's one of those things I plan on doing once I get better with my 3d printing.

Thanks for the tips and the great kinetic sculpture clips.  I had in mind keeping it virtual, but 3D Printing ... hmmm, so many toys, so little time.  cool

Steve K said:

Headwax said:

Thanks for the tips and the great kinetic sculpture clips.  I had in mind keeping it virtual, but 3D Printing ... hmmm, so many toys, so little time.  cool

that last phrase - no truer words!!