Serial Number problem for Pro Activation

scorpio66scorpio66 Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi guys.

Been away for a long time, and now I see Daz 4!
WOW! Big improvement.

Anyways, my problem is this:

I have gone thru checkout for the free version of DAZ4PRO and recieved my email. (I still have my account from sometime back)

I have installed DAZ4 64Bit Version. (I have a 64 bit system.)

On installing it shows it is a DAZ Standard Version. I wasnt asked for a serial number on opening for the first time.

So, I go to my account and copy the serial number and paste into the activation window accessed thru the DAZ Help>Register Daz Studio in the program. I copy and paste my serial number, and restart the application.

But on reopening it still says in the bar that I am using DAZ Studio 4.0 Standard.

What am I doing wrong here?

Please Advise.
Retgards Chris

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When you enter the serial number, do you see a Green check mark, if not, then you may have copied and pasted an extra character. Make sure that you just have the serial number and no extra spaces, that is all I can think of at the moment.

Which version of DS4P are you using? Help > About DAZ Studio, and did you get this serail number recently?

• scorpio66scorpio66 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Hi Jimmy.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the green check mark appeared as I entered the serial number, so I thought all was OK.
    My version is 4.0.3.47
    The serial number was given to me today.

The only thing I can think of, is that I installed the program yesterday, but after mucking up with some old content files, I foolishly uninstalled the program and went thru the whole order process again. I did this as I thought that the serial number I got yesterday would be different from the new download today.
    I have however, made sure I used the NEW downloads and serial nuimber so IT should work OK shouldnt it?

Or would DAZ leave some sort of file on my PC that would keep old serial number info even after uninstalling?

Just want to get cracking as the new DAZ seems far better than the old version 3 I used to use.

Thanks again Chris

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

I just did the same thing in the Serial Number. I placed the Pro serial number in and the About DAZ Studio shows Standard. But if I look in About Installed Plugins, I show all the Pro plugins are available. I did have to restart the software for that to show up.

To update your SN, Help > Register DAZ Studio > copy and paste the sn from your account. > OK

Restart DAZ Studio then Help > About Installed Plugin, here you will see all the plugins available for Pro.

Have fun.

edited December 1969

Hi DAZ-bfburner

Yes, I have done all what you have said.

And yes, looking at Help > About Installed Plugin it does show the Pro plugin bundle.
    Still though it states I am using Standard!

Am I using Standard or Pro????

Very confusing.
    Regards Chris

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

scorpio66 said:
    Hi DAZ-bfburner

Yes, I have done all what you have said.

And yes, looking at Help > About Installed Plugin it does show the Pro plugin bundle.
    Still though it states I am using Standard!

Am I using Standard or Pro????

Very confusing.
    Regards Chris

If all the Pro plugins are active, then you do have Pro (in spite of it showing Standard). So you are the Winner! Have fun!

edited December 1969

Thanks!

Much appreciated! :)

Regards Chris

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

I just did the same thing in the Serial Number. I placed the Pro serial number in and the About DAZ Studio shows Standard. But if I look in About Installed Plugins, I show all the Pro plugins are available. I did have to restart the software for that to show up.

To update your SN, Help > Register DAZ Studio > copy and paste the sn from your account. > OK

Restart DAZ Studio then Help > About Installed Plugin, here you will see all the plugins available for Pro.

Have fun.

I have the same issue with the program saying DAZ Studio 4.5 Standard in the title bar of the application even after entering my new 4.5 Pro serial number, but the pro package plugins show up as loaded.

Questions:
    1) animate2 shows that it is loaded. Don't I have to enter my purchased animate2 serial number to get the full functionality?
    2) dzoptitexclothcontrol shows up as failed. Do I have to reset my purchased download to get a working version and install that, or is there no working version yet?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have the paid for Optitex control, and I had to reset my download to get the version that works with DS4P 4.5.0.114.

I think it must be an oversight in the main installer, since the limited version has always been free with DS4P.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

I have the paid for Optitex control, and I had to reset my download to get the version that works with DS4P 4.5.0.114.

I think it must be an oversight in the main installer, since the limited version has always been free with DS4P.

Thanks for your advice. I reset and downloaded the new version of Dynamic Cloth Control. It is working fine.