Can anyone help me to get the windows to go down in family car

Can anyone help me to get the windows to go down in family car 

surface opacity makes allglass transparent and the sliders are not working

if there is also a way to get them down in luxury 50s car please tell me how too

thanks

https://www.daz3d.com/family-car-195 0

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

Select Family Car in Scene tab -> go to Parameters tab -> select Control group. You can jump from there...

Same procedure for Luxury Car 1950.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,185

Luxury car works great seems,

Family car , wherever I put the sliders the windows remian up

thanks

edited June 2022

Use the "Control" group under Family_Car (they're purple, or violet, or something) in the top level of the Parameters, between General and Display, not the General->Transforms group.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

I know I did, I didnt know they were there before though, thanks for showing me where they are

PAs often, but not always, put controls for anything more than a simple translation or rotation. Take a moment to look for them on any figure.

Ok I will. Since the windows for family car work fine for you but not me is it possible that Daz central had a problem while installing and I should reinstall through DIM?

thanks

Oh, sorry, you are correct. The windows do not stay open. I thought they did, but I guess I did not leave them open. Something is overriding the controller. That will take a little while to track down.

Looks like a Weight Mapping problem. I can get the windows to stay in place, but messing with the maps affects other parts. The Normalization for Rotations is set to Off, which is unusual, so that might have affected how the weight maps were added. Not a simple fix.

Maybe the only way is to try and carefully remove them with the geometry editor

• TogireTogire Posts: 402

You can use a dformer. It is generally the best way to open a door, a box, etc.

Create a dformer with a weight map 100% on the window, 0% elsewhere, position the base properly, translate the dformer and enjoy the fresh air coming from your open window.

If you are not familiar with dformers with weight maps, you can have a look at this free tuto https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85735/tutorial-creating-weighted-d-formers-in-daz

thank you alainmerigot

Okay, I figured out the window problem.

The car's top level node "hull" has an overall weight map of 100% on everything. For rotations, this is not a problem, it allows all parts to turn. Problem is, it does interfere with linear movement, like the windows (or glass, as they are named in the model) and needs to be removed from them.

Follow these steps exactly: (Do Not change the Binding Modes or Normalization settings.)
    1) Select the "hull" node in the Scene tab.
    2) Switch the the Geometry Editor Tool
    3) Open Tool Settings and expand the Face Groups.
    4) Add "glassL" and "glassR" to the selection and nothing else. (the "+" sign). The two side windows should be highlighted with an amber mesh.
    5) Switch to the Node Weight Brush Tool.
    6) If the "hull" node is still selected, the whole model should light up bright red when you select the X, Y, or Z Rotation maps in the Tool Settings tab. (The Scale Weight appears to have been done differently). Select X Rotation to start.
    7) Right-click anywhere in the viewport and select "Weight Editing -> Fill Selected", adjust the slider on the "Fill Selected Faces" popup to 0% and Accept.
    8) Repeat Step 8 for Y Rotation and Z Rotation. (Scale Weight is okay).
    9) Back in the Scene tab, select the Family_Car node. Test the Controls to ensure the Windows open and stay open (OpenGlassL, OpenGLassR). It wouldn't hurt to check if the other controls also still work (they should).

Now, to save the changes permanently, with the Family_Car node selected, from the menu, File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Save Modified Assets. You should get a "Save Modified Assets" popup that tells you the following will be permanently modified: "/data/SStudio/Family Car/Family Car 1950/CheBA55_144398.dsf" (and nothing else)

Accept to save the changes. Start a new scene, and reload the Family_Car. It should now behave as expected.

Wow thank you for that explanation.  I will try it and let you know how it went 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 476
    edited July 2022

NorthOf45 said:

Okay, I figured out the window problem.

Accept to save the changes. Start a new scene, and reload the Family_Car. It should now behave as expected.

Thanks much for your solution.  I bought Family Car 1950 a long time ago (2012) and, like too many other products, never used it much.  Having since retired, I have more time to explore products and the forums for solutions to problems and ideas for more explorations.  Although I had not used Family Car 1950, I had not forgotten it.  When I saw this thread a few days ago, I opened it.  I implemented your solution and saved the modified asset.  Thanks much!

Windwos down.png
    1000 x 563 - 460K
    Post edited by jjoyner on

It was originally for Poser, which uses parametric weights, and probably worked okay then. I uninstalled that when the DS version was released a few years ago, but never really explored it.

I have both versions of the car.  I just loaded the Poser version into Poser 11 and the windows roll down and stay down.

Where do I find the Node Weight Brush Tool?

edited July 2022

Select the Node Weight Map Brush either from the Tools menu or in the Tool Setting tab.

Tool menu.jpg
    800 x 474 - 73K
    Tool Settings tab.jpg
    800 x 474 - 65K
    Post edited by jjoyner on

Also can it be saved as scene subset-I ask because sometimes daz will not let me-Save As -> Support Asset

VicS said:

Also can it be saved as scene subset-I ask because sometimes daz will not let me-Save As -> Support Asset

I just saved and reloaded the car using both Scene Subset and Support Asset. 

Of course the one place I didn't look!

thank you!

the saved scene subset car still comes back in with the windows still down?

There is no reason why it should not let you save, but note that you are saving the modified asset (File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Save Modified Assets). Saving as Support Asset (as a Figure Asset) creates a completely new independent one. Not sure that a scene subset will save all the required weight maps, since they are embedded in the data file.

everyting ok to step 9, I selected the car and now windows are yellow

2022-07-04_084346.png
    2938 x 1774 - 2M
    edited July 2022

there is one more issue-those large metal looking flakes on the paint, this is happening with most cars,(not the black ones I dont think though), both for the preset shaders like this one and when I try to apply the paint myself, is there a good fix for this ?

Post edited by VicS on

They are still selected with the Geometry Editor.

edited July 2022

I clicked off geometry editor, windows are still in up position, just went through the whole process again windows still up, all rotations should be set to zero right?

Post edited by VicS on

Tried deleting them but even when i selected windows(recatanglke by recatangle in the editor and deleted selected polygons the glass does not get deleted

VicS said:

Of course the one place I didn't look!

thank you!

the saved scene subset car still comes back in with the windows still down?

Yes.  I saved both a Scene Subset file and a Support Asset file with the left window partially down.  Each file reloaded with the the left window down and the ability to raise and lower the window.

Okay, slow down. After Step 9, you save the modified asset to make the changes permanent. The default window position can be whatever you want, up or down or somewhere in between. I did not move the windows in any step, so don't expect them to be in any other position than up. Reload a fresh version in a new scene. The windows can be controlled with the sliders, so now you can position them wherever you want whenever you want. No deleting polygons. You are only modifying the Weight Maps.

edited July 2022

I tried it again and It worked now, even before saving it the windows were down, thank you very much!

Post edited by VicS on