Hell Motorcycle poses

https://www.daz3d.com/highway-to-hell-hierarchical-poses-for-torment-81-and-hell-motorcycle

I was looking forward to owning this product since there are no other poses to go with the Hell Motorcycle.

But they don't seem to work. Is that because I'm using Genesis 8 instead of Genesis 8.1?

Urrrgghhh!

Comments

• How are they not working? An error, or just not lining up? It does ay theya re for Torment 8.1, so other characters (even Genesis 8.1 Male characters) may well need adjustment.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

It says Hierarchical Poses, so yup, that's why. You can fool the system by changing the Node Name from Genesis8Male to Genesis8_1Male in the Scene Identification dialog. Note that this is temporary, so don't save over the original. You could also copy the files and change the parent node specified in each pose so that you can use them with either. Actually, I believe that a Hierarchical Pose for Genesis 8 will work on Genesis 8.1, regardless. Expressions are a different story, as has been discussed extensively in other threads.

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,642
    edited June 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

How are they not working? An error, or just not lining up? It does ay theya re for Torment 8.1, so other characters (even Genesis 8.1 Male characters) may well need adjustment.

I am using a Genesis 8 character. So these Hell Bike poses don't work at all on the figure.

But I solved it by loading the Basic G8.1 Male into the scene, setting the pose, copying the pose to my G8 Male figure, and then deleting the G8.1 Male.

I guess it's a workaround if I'm not ready to upgrade all my figures to G8.1 at this time, but it is frustrating.

Post edited by vonHobo on

NorthOf45 said:

It says Hierarchical Poses, so yup, that's why. You can fool the system by changing the Node Name from Genesis8Male to Genesis8_1Male in the Scene Identification dialog. Note that this is temporary, so don't save over the original. You could also copy the files and change the parent node specified in each pose so that you can use them with either. Actually, I believe that a Hierarchical Pose for Genesis 8 will work on Genesis 8.1, regardless. Expressions are a different story, as has been discussed extensively in other threads.

I did a workaround at shown above, but yes, the expressions don't work at all.

I can't afford to buy all new G8.1 figures, because I spent a small fortune on G8 figures. 

Maybe down the road with G9, G10, or whatever, if they come out with a new generation, I may then upgrade.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250
    edited June 2022

Apply the expression while he's G8, then the pose as G8.1, or the other way around. You can change the Node Name any time.

Um-m, wait a sec. The morphs for the expressions need to be present for the expressions to work. If you load as G8, the G8 expressions will work, and continue to work, since only the name changes, not the functionality. Note: I haven't actually tried that ;-P

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

NorthOf45 said:

Apply the expression while he's G8, then the pose as G8.1, or the other way around. You can change the Node Name any time.

yes 

• Yiou can also just aply the poses, then save a regular pose preset for the figure (and bike, I assume) and apply them to any figure.