is this possible?

As much trouble as exporting and importing is- I want a way to export my mesh as static, morphs, pose and all- like OBJ does, but with the textures. Is there a way to duplicate a figure and MAKE a model static in DAZ perhaps? Then maybe export it as collada?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

You can convert a figure to a prop. But I don't think I understand the purpose.

There is to my knowledge no way to export a character or prop with all textures, unless with a dedicated scripts for a specific target program.

• TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 148

Basically, DAZ is really good at morphing and Blenders render engine is superior to IRAY, far as I can tell. However, getting the benefits of both is proving difficult as even with dedicated DAZ importers, Blender doesn't like a number of DAZ morphs and never has gotten along with conforming clothing. However, personally, I'm not an animator, rather a comic maker. I have no problem if, once the character is imported to Blender for a render, it can't move. Thus both Diffeomorphic and DAZ to Blender both handle exporting static objects better than full figures- so the solution seems simple. Pose the figure, duplicate it, change it to static object, port it to blender and render.

I have other workflow solutions in the works, basically, this is all me trying to figure a way around all the static in IRAY renders.

• Use a combination of Diffeo for materials and Sagan for pixel-perfect meshes. There's an option in Sagan to utilize Diffeo's materials.

Import using Diffeo first, and then delete it. It will leave the materials. Then import the Alembic created with Sagan. Then run the "fix normal maps" script or something liket that, that Sagan also creates. Done.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967
    edited June 2022

Hmmm ... I am not at the rendering computer at the moment, but what happens if you export to Hexagon and save as an object or other file type? I think the textures go into hexagon. It would be limited to base resolution, though, no high definition.

EDIT:  nevermind ... I decided to try it ... and although Hexagon does receive the maps, there seems to be no easy way to get them into blender or 3DCoat.

Post edited by 3141592654 on
  • charles_2239525charles_2239525 Posts: 775
    edited June 2022

Torkuda said:

Basically, DAZ is really good at morphing and Blenders render engine is superior to IRAY, far as I can tell. However, getting the benefits of both is proving difficult as even with dedicated DAZ importers, Blender doesn't like a number of DAZ morphs and never has gotten along with conforming clothing. However, personally, I'm not an animator, rather a comic maker. I have no problem if, once the character is imported to Blender for a render, it can't move. Thus both Diffeomorphic and DAZ to Blender both handle exporting static objects better than full figures- so the solution seems simple. Pose the figure, duplicate it, change it to static object, port it to blender and render.

I have other workflow solutions in the works, basically, this is all me trying to figure a way around all the static in IRAY renders.

Blender's engine (I'm guessing Cycles?) is NOT superior to IRAY..You just don't know how to use Daz IRAY.

Post edited by charles_2239525 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

charles said:

Torkuda said:

Blender's engine (I'm guessing Cycles?) is NOT superior to IRAY..You just don't know how to use Daz IRAY.

Cycles is better than Iray at certain things; Iray is better than Cycles at certain things. It's all about learning your tools, and using the right one for the job. 

• TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 148

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

Use a combination of Diffeo for materials and Sagan for pixel-perfect meshes. There's an option in Sagan to utilize Diffeo's materials.

Import using Diffeo first, and then delete it. It will leave the materials. Then import the Alembic created with Sagan. Then run the "fix normal maps" script or something liket that, that Sagan also creates. Done.

I'm VERY interested- where are the installation instructions? I'm not sure which zip to use nor which of the ten forum pages to read. Sorry.

• Sort by Modification date, and grab the latest version.

Read the license and notes.

Copy the .dll to your plugins directory.

From the menu, navigate to Windows|Workspace|Customize, find Sagan under Miscellaneous, and move it to wherever you want it, on the right side, and optionally make a conventient hotkey for it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Off-topic, is there any way you could make a version of Sagan for Marvelous Designer? My God, I hate MD's native Alembic exporter.