does anyone knows how to create a character using a 3D scaner???

so i have a 3D scanner which i use to scan and create objects i want to add in my projects but was thinking on using it to create mostly character heads and want to know if anyone knows how :S i bumped into a tutorial using R3DS but for me its a hobby and to create probono ilustrations for medical education and that program is a bit too expensive for the usage ill be giving it :S and this brings me to ask for your help on finding a tutorial or a way to apply a head scan to a gen model :D

thanks

Comments

• There isn't a quick route, one option is to use a moddeling or sculpting applciation (I think Blender will do), import the figure mesh - at base resolution - and your head scan, position the head scan to line up with the figure head, and then use the sculpting or shrink-wrapping tools with the scan as cosntraint to reshape the figure mesh, which you can then export and use as a morph.

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 747

I made some morphs using R3DS.
    You can ask me.

PS Wrap3D is free for 30 days (trial). With a week you can learn ho use it.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013

FaceGen will accept 3D scans to morph the entire Genesis clans with.

Available at Daz3D as well as on their own website. Free trial is on their website.

• drbetochasdrbetochas Posts: 10

Richard Haseltine said:

There isn't a quick route, one option is to use a moddeling or sculpting applciation (I think Blender will do), import the figure mesh - at base resolution - and your head scan, position the head scan to line up with the figure head, and then use the sculpting or shrink-wrapping tools with the scan as cosntraint to reshape the figure mesh, which you can then export and use as a morph.

perfect thanks let me try it out if after a few I can't I'll ask you if you know of a tutorial hahaha haven't used blender that much :P

• drbetochasdrbetochas Posts: 10

Catherine3678ab said:

FaceGen will accept 3D scans to morph the entire Genesis clans with.

Available at Daz3D as well as on their own website. Free trial is on their website.

perfect let me check it out :P

thanks

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

drbetochas said:

so i have a 3D scanner which i use to scan and create objects...

What do you mean by '3D scanner'?  Are you using a iPhone app or something?