Best solution to fix texture?

Hi everyone,

I followed this tutorial to make a figure from 3d scan, and worked perfectly, but I now want to fix the textures I transferred with wrap3.

I know that I could fix my base textures in photoshop, and I know the basics for it, but what I want to do now, is to
fix texture failures which goes across the boundaries of several surfaces 
(ex: when I want to fix textures around the ears, it's difficult because part of the ear texture is included in the "face" texture and  some of the outer part is included in the "head" texture)

I tried loading my daz figure to zbrush, and applying the "face" and "head" texture to it, and then fixing the texture with zapplink (photoshop)

but this makes my texture too blur.

Does anyone have ideas for softwares or tutorials to fix my texture and keep my texture quality?
I really can't think of a smart way.

(Would substance painter make my life easier? I am curious about this software, since I have a academic license for autodesk) 

Comments

• chamco0531chamco0531 Posts: 24

Hey, to make things more clear, I've added a sample picture of what I want to fix.

Any ideas or tutorial links are welcome! I would even buy a additional software (ex substance painter) 

if you have any recommendations!

example.jpg
    998 x 614 - 74K
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,657

To fix the black spots you can take it into an image editing program and correct it, either with the healing tool or whatever the tool is named to remove spots, or a soft paintover.

Fixing the seam is harder, as that require that you are painting on 2 textures at the same time, so it will best be done in a 3D painting program.

• chamco0531chamco0531 Posts: 24

Hi felis.
    Thanks for your advice!

>so it will best be done in a 3D painting program.

Do you have any recommendations? I'm starting to think of buying substance painter.

would this be a good idea? Or do you think blender is enough to meet my needs?

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

A tool is only as good as its user. Blender, though hardly a favorite of mine, it still quite a capable environment and free too. So I would defintiely give it a try if you haven't already. 

Now, for what's it worth I'd recommend focussing on a tool that can do it "all" instead of getting one specific tool for one specific purpose. For example... both ZBrush and Blender allow you to both edit a 3D mesh but can also work on its textures a bit. Keep in mind... since I don't use Blender myself I don't keep up with all the latest developments!  Just add something like Gimp or Photoshop Elements to that toolset and you should have all you need to create and/or fix both 3D meshes and their textures.