Unknown issue recurring on render results on Genesis 8 female forehead.

I made my own head shape and texture. and this is not a problem from texture, the viewport without render is ok.

I tried to load default genesis 8 female material but the same thing happened again.

index.png
453 x 196 - 123K

Comments

• Is the figure away from the origin? That is usually the result of rounding placing two nearby sections of geoemtry fully on top of each other. Changing Instancing Optimisation in Render Settings will probably reset the origin, fixing the issue - if there are no instances in the scene the value doesn't matter, if there are use Memory or Auto.

• You may have accidentally loaded an extra set of eyebrows or eyelashes, which causes funky, symmetrical results. Turn off everything parented to the figure, one at a time, and see if that does it.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

That kind of artifact is often due to the skullcap of the hair intersecting with the forehead. Making the cap a bit bigger usually fixes it.

• I have had this issue with a few of the new hair products. it does have something to do with the skullcap

• clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 128
    edited June 2022

i often get that myself with certain hair sets, sometimes it only occurs at a specific distance (it also can occur if using a geoshell, e.g. 'So Sad' tears can make it appear, even on other body parts like legs and stomach)

i get around it by one of two ways - a tiny re-scale of the hair in either Y or Z e.g. 100.3% - keep altering the value until you find the lowest possible without the artifact showing

or -

use Mesh Grabber to move the skullcap verts a tiny distance away from the forehead.

Post edited by clivewil2 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,462

The scull cap is probably the right size, but it does not autofollow the SubD set for rendering - That is why the artifacts (or pokethrough) is visible only when rendered

• 10249662201024966220 Posts: 19

PerttiA said:

The scull cap is probably the right size, but it does not autofollow the SubD set for rendering - That is why the artifacts (or pokethrough) is visible only when rendered

thanks, I will try that

WarAxe-Actual said:

You may have accidentally loaded an extra set of eyebrows or eyelashes, which causes funky, symmetrical results. Turn off everything parented to the figure, one at a time, and see if that does it.

acctually I deleted her eyelash and then I duplicated an eyelash from another g8f and fit it to her then things went wrong

Richard Haseltine said:

Is the figure away from the origin? That is usually the result of rounding placing two nearby sections of geoemtry fully on top of each other. Changing Instancing Optimisation in Render Settings will probably reset the origin, fixing the issue - if there are no instances in the scene the value doesn't matter, if there are use Memory or Auto.

sorry I paused from solving this problem days ago. now I am back.

I have tested deleting the hair and brows and lashes but problem is still there.

PerttiA said:

thanks, but how can we set the subD  to 640k?