What better format for exporting Hexagon Curve ?

Hi guys , I know there are not much people use Hexagon anymore and straight going to Blender these day . But I really like Curve tools in Hexagon . For me those lots much better than what Blender`s curve offer

So my question, what format to exporting Hexagon Curve so I can use in Blender or any 3D software ?

Thanks

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009

juvesatriani said:

Hi guys , I know there are not much people use Hexagon anymore and straight going to Blender these day . But I really like Curve tools in Hexagon . For me those lots much better than what Blender`s curve offer

So my question, what format to exporting Hexagon Curve so I can use in Blender or any 3D software ?

Thanks

Hexagon doesn't export curves.
    One can add thickness, 3 is the lowest setting. Then export that .obj. In the other program(s) maybe you can copy/paste the line to create a curve there? 

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556

Catherine3678ab said:

juvesatriani said:

Thanks

One can add thickness, 3 is the lowest setting. Then export that .obj. In the other program(s) maybe you can copy/paste the line to create a curve there? 

Thanks for suggestion yeah I think that will work  , I`ll try "extract curves" feature in Blender 

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Catherine3678ab said:

Strictly speaking, not true. You can export them as DXF. Unfortunately, not all curve features are available and Blender doesn't read them.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009

Ascania said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Strictly speaking, not true. You can export them as DXF. Unfortunately, not all curve features are available and Blender doesn't read them.

Thank you, did not know that DXF were curves. Never worked with those.

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514

juvesatriani said:

Hexagon will not export curves, only line segments. (Hexagon DG is collapsed on export)

You can export the line segments via .Obj format, which Blender will import.