Capturing the render and Simulate actions

I'm just wondering if its possible with a simple script to listen for someone starting the render or a simulation.
Or would I need the SDK and create a plugin for it?

What I want to make is a very basic plug in that asks if you want to save , save as new or not save when one of those is started.
When I do get a crash its usually during those and I hear a lot of people complaining about lack of autosave or losing work because of crashes.

Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• You could write a script that prompts to save then rnders, I'm not sure about simulates, and use that as your render button/shortcut.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You could write a script that prompts to save then rnders, I'm not sure about simulates, and use that as your render button/shortcut.

That was my initial thought and that would work for myself since I use CTRL-R to render but I guess there would also be a lot of people who use the button on the render tab to render after changing some settings. So I wanted to see if I could listen for a render event and put an alarm box before you got to the render page itself. 

If thats not possible I will see if I can make a script as you suggested and make a keybind to that.

• Rob points you to DzRenderMgr, the DzRenderMgr::renderStarting() signal, and DzRenderer, the DzRenderer::aboutToRender() signal for rendering

DzSimulationMgr, the  DzSimulationMgr::simulationStarting() signal and DzSimulationEngine, the  DzSimulationEngine::aboutToSimulate() signal

You would use these via DzCallBackMgr, DzCallBack

• That is exactly what I'm looking for, the about to methods should work fine.

Thank you for the help,