Braided Beards

I like collecting beards for G8M and while I've about half of the beards available here I notice a woeful lack of braided ones for G8M. I pretty much have all the basic beard styles covered now many times over so I'm not very interested in getting the remaining ones here unless they pop up with some sort of $1.99 dealy.

What I'd like to see are more fantastic beards and specifically braided beards.

You know like Adrian hair and Beard or single long braids like this or this (please!) or complex fantasy beards like this one.

Comments

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,531

The Adrian hair and beard should work fine on G8M, I think

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited June 2022
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • beregarberegar Posts: 245
    edited June 2022

The link is borked for me but judging from the HFS part it's probably about HFS dwarves. I actually own the product but the beard gets messed up if you pose head.  

As for the Adrian Hair and Beard. I'll see if I can get it from some sale but usually I've really hard time getting anything with braids to behave when fitted. Sometimes you get okay results if you just parent stuff (I usually do this with many older hair products) but with beards it usually doesn't work very well. 

Also my complain with many longer beards is that they don't have squish and spread morphs. When you have a pose where the character's chin points downwards the beard clips with neck or chest. Most longer beards fortunately have at least bend morphs but squishing and spreading is almost unheard of. Beard tends to layer and spread when you lower your chin enough for it touch your chest - at least mine does. 

Well, I guess strand based hair or dForce could solve this problem but I haven't actually played around with strand based hair at all since I find it hard to work with stuff that I can't properly preview. The Iray preview helps a bit but it tends to get too resource intensive for my old toaster. 

Similarly I haven't played with adding DF to existing beards since most of them don't have that functionality out of the box. I guess it would work quite well since it seems to work with hairs. I also find it odd that for example Volta Hair has DF but Volta beard does not! 

Post edited by beregar on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,531

I forgot about those HFS beards ...

• beregarberegar Posts: 245

nemesis10 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/death-strike-hair-for-genesis-8-males

I can't believe I missed that one (actually I can, a lot of stuff I miss...)

Thanks!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

My name is Husengaar.... and I approve this message.