Change hair color of Genesis 3 Female

I've got the Tolouse hair only.  I'm trying to change the hair color with the various materials, but nothing seems to be working.

Comments

• Have youi tried rendering?

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

First the hair must be selected in the Scene Tab

Then you have to look under Materials --> Hair --> Hair Colors --> and click on Base, Strands or Two Toned. DON'T look under IRAY, because there you will find the ARMANI Hair colors, which won't work with Toulouse Hair. If you click on "Hair colors", there will also be Armani Hair Material Presets shown to you. You can always find out if the materials are for your hairprop by looking at the INFO tab (image below): Here the example is "Col 01" which is inside the Toulouse Hair folder.

If you can't find the Tips/Info/Tags Tab you can open it by clicking on the tiny little rectangle (image):

c1.png
    1252 x 747 - 403K
    c2.png
    617 x 992 - 212K
    c3.png
    648 x 686 - 257K
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

This probably doesn't help, but I think I've had a few character/hair/color experiences where the color won't "take" or be accepted no matter how many times I click. And I checked the Textures folder too, to make sure that the alternate colors exist.

On the plus side, Toulouse is not one of the hair sets that gives me trouble.