Don't want pupils/corneas for my characters?

HaHHaH Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make characters not have pupils or corneas? Something like the SG MechanEyes in the DAZ store is what I'm going for. I like drawing my own eye textures, but am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I was messing with the material editor and somehow got rid of the pupils, but I'm not sure how I did it (I'm sorry, I'm a newbie to in-depth parameters). The character I was working on has these weird dimples in the cornea area that I can't remove, either. I just want the eyes to look flat (with one uniform, cartoon-like color).

When I was trying to make the eye of Ciel for a Kuroshitsuji fan character, the dark ring is also there. I made the Cornea, Iris, Pupil, Sclera, and Lacrimal all have the same texture, too (for both this eye and the teal eye I added pictures for).

pupil_help2.png
600 x 172 - 90K
ciel_eyes.png
391 x 201 - 165K
Post edited by HaH on

Comments

• edited August 2012

-- Post deleted --
    Never mind; I wasn't paying attention. Carry on.

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

I made the Cornea, Iris, Pupil, Sclera, and Lacrimal all have the same texture, too (for both this eye and the teal eye I added pictures for).

Anatomy fail! The cornea is the transparent front part of the eye. What measures to take to be able to not see through it should be blindingly obvious.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make characters not have pupils or corneas? Something like the SG MechanEyes in the DAZ store is what I'm going for. I like drawing my own eye textures, but am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I was messing with the material editor and somehow got rid of the pupils, but I'm not sure how I did it (I'm sorry, I'm a newbie to in-depth parameters). The character I was working on has these weird dimples in the cornea area that I can't remove, either. I just want the eyes to look flat (with one uniform, cartoon-like color).

When I was trying to make the eye of Ciel for a Kuroshitsuji fan character, the dark ring is also there. I made the Cornea, Iris, Pupil, Sclera, and Lacrimal all have the same texture, too (for both this eye and the teal eye I added pictures for).

Image removed my moderator due to size. Please follow these guidelines until auto image resizing is restored: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

I've had to do this as well at various times...the easiest way is to try to make the pupil 100 percent transparent and the fall off to 100 percent transparent as well. If that doesn't work (been awhile since I messed with needing it to disappear) then the next solution would be to use the pupil morphs (pupil slit etc to get it out of there and then include that morph with your set. The other solution to try is to actually apply the entire texture on the Eyesurface as that covers the entire eye though if you go that route then you won't be able to use true reflect on the eyes so you will have to actually paint some sort of reflection on them (which customers tend not to like) You shouldn't need to actually make the cornea transparent but if you do you would do it the same ways as I mentioned above.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't need to actually make the cornea transparent but if you do you would do it the same ways as I mentioned above.

Ann, in normal eye materials the cornea is transparent. Otherwise you wouldn't seen the iris and pupil behind it. Removing that transparency gives you the smooth featureless eyeball asked for.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    You shouldn't need to actually make the cornea transparent but if you do you would do it the same ways as I mentioned above.

Ann, in normal eye materials the cornea is transparent. Otherwise you wouldn't seen the iris and pupil behind it. Removing that transparency gives you the smooth featureless eyeball asked for.

Actually it is not completely transparent...at least not the way they are needing/wanting it to be. It has shaders on it to produce the gleam that shows on a persons eye (reflect) (either painted or as a surface setting with specular etc) which by nature isn't fully transparent if your using it as intended. Which was what I was explaining above :)

• togstogs Posts: 11
    edited August 2020

Hide the eyeball and add a sphere primitive...

Never mind, old thread.

Post edited by togs on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    togs said:

Hide the eyeball and add a sphere primitive...

Never mind, old thread.

It's the thought that counts!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

while we are necrothreadding, I am surprised nobody has made geografted eyes of weird varieties such as stalks like snails, multifaceted insect eyes, crazy anime types etc

yes we have full characters 

but just the eyes 

or mouths, noses what have you

mix and match use alone the Mr and Ms Potatohead of crazy creatures