Is there a way to make a G3 look like a G2?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

I have a G2 Michael 6 character that I'd like to create a G3 version of. I've managed to learn how to apply a G2 skin to a G3 figure, and done my best to duplicate the look, but it's still not quite right. Amazing how just a few subtle differences in the shape of the nose or mouth can make a difference. So is there a way to more accurate duplicate the shape of a G2 face onto a G3 figure?

Comments

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

Did you try https://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3?

I can't help you but those who can most likely will need that information.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

I hadn't seen that. Thanks. With the material transfer of the skin, this just might do the trick.

Does that Gen2 add on work on it's own or does it need these other products in order for it to work?

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013

Yes the additional plugins are built off the base or something like that. Also required maybe the body shapes for the core figures i.e. V4/M4/etc if those are desired.

I never bought all the plugins because they have never gone on sale all at the same time and I didn't want only 1 part that could never work on its own. I did collect some of the shapes though.

Hmmm...bought one part only to see it "requires" two other parts. And I'm not even sure if these parts will actually do the job.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013

2 options. Now or later buy the other parts and give it a try. Or. Return the recent purchase.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

@Deke Very sorry for your experience. You can contact support here,

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

file a ticket and tell them you want to give back the product you bought.

To avoid such a situation, please first look at the right side (image below) of the product you consider to buy in order to see if there are any addtional products you need:

v.png
    1306 x 630 - 357K