Daz Shop Search Update!

Hello, everyone!

We're excited to announce a major update to our store search! This is a complete rework of our shop search system and we're confident this is going to be a huge improvement. This search is still in beta, and while it will learn and optimize itself over time, we might encounter some small bugs and weird issues over the next little while. If you come across any bugs, please let us know the details in the comments below. We'll keep track of the bugs and pass them along to our dev team.

Thanks for your patience as we roll out this new feature and we hope you enjoy this exciting new improvement!

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

How do we tell Female from Female?

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,030
    edited June 2022

Huge improvement from what I've seen so far.  Searches are far more relevant - in a previous thread I recommended prioritizing the title of the product in the search rank (e.g. library) and looks like you have done that - I appreciate you're listening at least to my feedback.  Good luck in the formidable, ongoing task of refining the search expereince.  

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • Very exciting news! Thank you for making this happen.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,702

If I search for the exact name of a product, not only does that product rarely appear on the first page of the results, several pages of results show up. How is this an improvement?

• espindavespindav Posts: 20

When I used to search using the blue bar catagories I would be able to just view the character when I selected "Genesis People".  But, now it includes clothing, hair and shoes.  It get anoying having to look thru three times more pages.  Can you get it back to where only the characters show up when we click on the genesis people.  You have hair and clothing as separate links and those work.

People Search Example.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 421K
  • espindav said:

When I used to search using the blue bar catagories I would be able to just view the character when I selected "Genesis People".  But, now it includes clothing, hair and shoes.  It get anoying having to look thru three times more pages.  Can you get it back to where only the characters show up when we click on the genesis people.  You have hair and clothing as separate links and those work.

The good news is that there is now a "Categories" drop-down menu on the left side of the main shop page, and the categories are fairly fine-grained. The bad news is that the drop-down isn't included on special sales pages such as Build Your Own Bundle or New Releases.

Also, not every product is well-categorized. The category "Genesis 8 People" doesn't include Michael 8 or Victoria 8 (and many others), but does include "Modern Weapons Collection 2". 

Growing pains, I guess.

edited July 2022

Rampant miscategorization began being a problem in November 2020. If you go to the Genesis 8 People category, the first page of results is almost 75% NON-People! Afterwards, you will find 25-30 percent of the items are non-People---until you get to page 8! of the results, and then almost all of the items are People thereafter. Somebody got a new job, and the Peter Principle reared its head.

Genesis 8.1 Core Figures has lots of non-Core Figures (which are regularly added), but it's missing the last seven Core Figures. Genesis 8 Core Figures keeps getting new entries, even though there hasn't been a new Genesis 8 Core Figure in almost two years. It ain't growing pains. It's the way things are done.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I'd really like to see "People and Wearables" broken down further into characters, morphs, hair and clothing/accessories.  Right now, this category is far too broad as it includes the vast majority of items sold by Daz.  I'd also like to be able to only see items I own.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 482

Long ago I purchased Family Car 1950 and Family Car 1950 Poses.  In my Product Library, if I search (filter) using “family car” both products are in the results.  In the general store, though, if I search using “family car”, the pose product shows up but the car product does not.  If I search using “1950”, both products show up.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,816
    edited July 2022

Something is very wrong with store search for at least some products.

I've noticed it with these two products:

https://www.daz3d.com/menelik-hd-for-genesis-81-male

https://www.daz3d.com/cc-puck-for-genesis-81-male

If I do a search for either "menelik" or "puck", neither product appears in the results. "menelik", at least, should be a one-item result, but the store reports zero (0) items for that name.

If I instead then do a search for the vendor, Carboncrow or ChangelingChick, neither product appears in the appropriate set of results for that vendor. (That said, vendor searches in general give a very incomplete set of results, and and have for quite some time.)

The only way to see either one of those products is to click on the link to the vendor's name in one of the search results, and then the whole vendor storefront comes up.

I would imagine that it's happening with other products, since there isn't anything particularly special about these two, other than both vendors having names that start with C and those products coming out during the recent semi-annual sale.

Ticket has been filed, so we shall see what we shall see.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

@Daz_Travis, I would like to again request that a sort order by 'A - Z' or 'Product ID' be added to sorts on the store page or a PA's page to match up to DIM's sort order. 

Why this is useful, is I am reinstalling products and for example if I select 'Places and Things', then what I own, the current options are useless to match up to DIM's sorting.

It will still not show me the products no longer sold, but I could easily see the majority of what I own I what they are and select them in DIM.

(I am having to manage how many items I install on my computers per month so I don't exceed our limit. I have two computers where files were damaged and are being reinstalled and one new computer.) I have been using the Product Library, but it mixes all products up and with 408 pages and only 'Name' and 'Purchase Date' as a sort, it is clumsy to work with.

Thank you

Mary

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

The search is super wonky! When I use the categories and choose Clothing and Accessories and then narrow down to G8M and G8.1M, I am missing pages and pages of results.

2022-07-07_13-10-16.png
    2176 x 2523 - 4M
    Search 1.png
    2398 x 1046 - 2M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591
    edited August 2022

...would love to have a filter to exclude dForce dynamic items.  There are a number of G8 hair and clothing products that don't use dForce and it would shorten the store search.

For those with older hardware running  a 15 - 20 min sim on just a single item of clothing can be a workflow breaker.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,816

So has someone -- possibly Andy of "test" fame -- been messing with the search results on the site?

The way search results used to work, you'd do a search, get your results, and on the left sidebar, there would be dropdown checkbox lists of vendors, figures, and genres that were limited to the results of your initial search. 

Now, there are empty boxes that you're supposed to type into.

And they don't work. 

This would not seem to be a marked improvement.

If the site works at all, it's a plus.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

Uh, I used the search function this morning on one of the large selections that I had nothing wishlisted. It kinda worked.