ShareCG

StargazeyStargazey Posts: 240

There are lots of links to freebies at ShareCG in this forum, but their webpage has been blank for days. Does anyone know if ShareCG has gone for good? Or have any other info about it?

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,653
    edited June 2022

It works fine for me. The main page and my account page. It is loading extremely slowly, but working.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Works fine here too (France). 3/4 s to load.

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 240
    edited June 2022

Thanks for the replies.

It's strange! Must just be me! (or, maybe, it's a UK thing?)

I've used ShareCG for years with no problem, but for the last week or so every time I try to open it I just get a completly blank page.

Post edited by Stargazey on
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 606

No problems at all for me. The site loads and works correctly.

• English BobEnglish Bob Posts: 113

They've been having trouble with automated registration attacks, so it may be that they've introduced defences which are blocking you. ShareCG opens fine for me (in the UK), but they have a note saying "Be ware that we are not supporting VPN, PROXY and any software that mask your identity." (sic)

That said, I can access the site fine through a VPN so it may just be that they don't know what they're doing. :)

Thanks for that, it gave me a "hint" that it might have something to do with my antivirus and/or browser. I tried another browser (with different security extentions) and I can now open the web page. Only problem now, is that, although I'm using the same login I've always used, it won't accept it!  I think I'll just give up!

edited June 2022

-

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 130

Stargazey said:

Thanks for that, it gave me a "hint" that it might have something to do with my antivirus and/or browser. I tried another browser (with different security extentions) and I can now open the web page. Only problem now, is that, although I'm using the same login I've always used, it won't accept it!  I think I'll just give up!

ShareCG uses recaptcha (by Google) for confirming that you're not a bot. If a browser extension blocks recaptcha, you will not be able to login.

edited June 2022

Thanks, I can use recaptcha OK. The latest stumbling block seems to be that as I couldn't get into my old account, I had to try to create a new one. I filled in all the info OK, but I had to wait for an email for authentication. I waited for ages. Nothing. Next day I had finally received it, but, apparently, I only had 90 minutes from receiving it to use it!  I get that ShareCG are having problems, but I honestly can't be bothered, jumping through hoops, to get back to an account that I've been using for years with no problem.

Thanks for your help guys, but I think I'm just going to give up on ShareCG. I've recently had a clearout of my old freebies folder and was trying to re-download some old stuff, but I think I've now got most the the things I wanted, one way or another. Going forwards, I'm trying not to get too bloated with endless freebies that I never use, so I think I'll just stick with the good stuff from DAZ and Rendo! :)

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606

Still no problemsd for me and I use a VPN... No login or download issues, everything looks okay for me. Sorry you have issues with the website and I hope you can get them fixe as soon as possible...

• The only problem i have is that apparently my account is inactive, so i can't login or reset my password. Guess ill make a new account.

• BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381

They are not accepting new accounts as far as I know.

• BronzeDragon said:

Just tried it and after several non matching password errors (even though the passwords matched) i managed to create an account

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

English Bob said:

They've been having trouble with automated registration attacks, so it may be that they've introduced defences which are blocking you. ShareCG opens fine for me (in the UK), but they have a note saying "Be ware that we are not supporting VPN, PROXY and any software that mask your identity." (sic)

That said, I can access the site fine through a VPN so it may just be that they don't know what they're doing. :)

You have an account already so the VPN is irrelevant to a registration attack; were you registering via a VPN it'd be a different story.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited June 2022

BronzeDragon said:

I've been frequently checking for almost a year, and as you mentioned they were not allowing new accounts, but as of today, I discovered that they have started allowing new accounts again... it appears they have now begun using Captcha for login and new account registration.

Post edited by McGyver on

I thought I'd try again. ShareCG will at least open for me now (I no longer just get a blank page). Unfortunatly it won't accept my login (the same one that I've been using for years with no problem), I tried to create a new account, and it's still saying that they are not accepting new applications from my area! 

It seems like I'm not the only one having problems with ShareCG, so I would ask anyone who is kind enough to offer freebies, to make them available somewhere else as well, so that we can all get access to tham.

• Is it possible to email the staff and explain what's going on with your account?  0o

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited June 2022

Stargazey said:

I thought I'd try again. ShareCG will at least open for me now (I no longer just get a blank page). Unfortunatly it won't accept my login (the same one that I've been using for years with no problem), I tried to create a new account, and it's still saying that they are not accepting new applications from my area! 

It seems like I'm not the only one having problems with ShareCG, so I would ask anyone who is kind enough to offer freebies, to make them available somewhere else as well, so that we can all get access to tham.

Could it have something to do with the Captcha field? 
    I just checked and it's there when you login too now... could you have something that is interfering with Captcha... something that blocks cookies?
    I recall reading somewhere about people having issues with it and JavaScript or needing to clear their cache...

Edited To Add:

I looked it up and a common issue is people not seeing the Captcha field/box/thingie at all... You didn't mention seeing Captcha when you tried to login, so I'm wondering if you have something blocking cookies...

This is from TurboTax's website help section...

If you are missing a CAPTCHA, follow these steps:

1- Log out and clear your browser Internet cache. (see directions below)

2- Close the browser and reopen it.

3- Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.

4- Log in and try again.

If that doesn't work, see if a different browser than you were using, with cookies allowed will solve it.

Elsewhere I found information that suggests that updating your browser to a newer version may help too.

If that's not the issue sorry, hopefully it will be worked out soon.

Sending an email might help, it's been a few years, but they used to respond eventually, though it was slow.

Good luck.

Post edited by McGyver on

Thanks for trying to help. I don't think it's Captcha, it just says the login details are incorrect. I have now emailed ShareCG, they asked for my old login name, so I'm just waiting for them to get back to me.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,312

Good luck and hope they solve the problem for you quickly.