Rib details for G3?

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
edited June 2022 in Product Suggestions

...last night I saw this hit the store.:

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-spine-and-ribs-detail-hd-for-genesis-8-and-81

Disappointed as it is only for G8 ad 8.1  As it is an HD morph it I am told it would not be transferable via the figure transfer scripts available.

it would be really nice to see a version of this for G3 as well which also uses HD. as the HD tools are only available to PAs.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Comments

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,548

Sadly, I don't think people would be willing to do the work for what would likely be a dozen sales. When there is a new figure the last generation doesn't tend to get enough in the way of sales to warrant the effort.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

you know what could work?

smoothing modifier and a hidden skeleton ribcage inside the figure as collision item

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited June 2022

...I don't think they released a "medically" proper skeleton or G3, only Gen4 and G8. Not sure how that would hold up when posing and what it would do to the rest of the body as smoothing affects the entire mesh as a whole, it doens't work on just a section..

My usual resort is to dial in some of the Emaciated Upper Details morph (from Zev0's Body Mixer for Genesis 3) and then having to go back and morph the arms, shoulders, neck, chest and lower abdomen to add bulk to them again which is a bother and still doesn't look totally correct.   

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

I actually thought since you don't need anything but torso bones you could autofit or parent an obj or prop made from one of the other ones 

even V4s

edited with the geometry editor