I've seen Jelly Sandals in the Shop... why not Jelly Shoes?

I noticed there are Jelly Sandals in the Shop, you know, the retro-style shoes made of clear or colored plast  They were popular in the 1990s.

I remember hearing about Jelly Shoes (known simply as "Jellies", and they are not sandals) and they became a fad around 1983, peaking in popularity in 1985.  They appear to be a bunch of narrow plasitc wires (clear or colored, or both) covering the toes.  I do not see any in the Shop, so I wonder that, if there is none to be found on any website, could it be possible for someone to create such item for the Shop?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,815

you could try an obj export in this

https://www.voronator.com/

then fit the results with the transfer utility as they can be bendy/warpy

use the sandal shader

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited May 2022

It's a very interesting idea, but there could be one problem. What if it impacts the soles?

Also, where are the sandal shaders?  They're not offered in the DAZ Shop.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,815

EightiesIsEnough said:

It's a very interesting idea, but there could be one problem. It will also impact the soles too.

Also, where are the sandal shaders?  They're not offered in the DAZ Shop.

I don't own the sandals so don't know but presumed they have a shader you could save and then apply to something else holding ctl to ignore maps if needed 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249
    edited May 2022

You can apply a plastic shader of some kind, like Subsurface Gummy & Plastic Shaders or Pliable Plastic Iray Shaders

Here is one of the designs from Summer Footwear Collection Genesis 2, 3 & 8 Female(s) with a Transparent Plastic Shader from Pliable Plastics.

SFC with Transp Plastic Shader.jpg
    800 x 800 - 108K
    Post edited by NorthOf45 on