problem with ancient treasures product

ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386

hi Guys..i have a big issue with this product

https://www.daz3d.com/ancient-treasure

everytime im loading 2 props of it and then im try to delete them the program hungs or doesnt respond for a really long time...same is hoppening when turning from iray to filament...

im aware that instances plays its role to this but usually with all other products takes some time and then it ok...

i have an i9 7920k (2.90) with 64 of ram and 2 2080 - one is ti...

daz and drivers fully updated...

anyone else experienced same situation with this product?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Do you get any warnings in the log?

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386

hello Felis! no it just freezes ...

Does this also happen if you don't go into Iray preview or Filament?

And you said it only happens if you load 2 sets, i.e. if you load  just 1 then you can delete it without issues?

well...i just checked with one set too...the one on the attached image...it freezes with one too...it gives a not responsive dialogue on the top bar of daz program....

i havent checked if same happens in other modes too....i will check now

Untitled-1.jpg
    2661 x 2011 - 2M

yes..there is no way to delete any sets of this product without the program to hang.... maybe a general issue with instances? i dont know...any ideas guys?

So you are saying, you cannot load this set and then delete it, without DS hangs, under the condition that you haven't been in either Iray preview or filament drawmode?

And if you don't get any warnings in the log, then I would try to look at your memory consumption. It doesn't make sense as you have 64 GB which should be more that sufficient.

What happens if you load a G8 character with cloth and hair, and do similar? Does that causing any problems?

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Hi,

I so happen to own that asset. I uploaded it, it took a bit to load, but had no issues on deleting them while on texture shaded. However, something interesting did happen. If I turn off the eye in one set while in iray, the iray preview still shows the whole thing. Look at the aux view vs the iray preview in the attached image. I need to exit iray preview and go back to it to see the changes. Also, deleting while in iray preview gave me no issues. I don't use filament at all so i forgot to check that.

Since I'm not having the problem you have try reinstalling if you haven't done so yet.

Cheers

Ancient treasure.png
    3840 x 2110 - 4M
  • jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 477

It could be that there are so many items it just takes your system forever to delete them all.  Try deleting it one item at a time or in smaller groups.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,455

ISIKOL said:

it freezes with one too...it gives a not responsive dialogue on the top bar of daz program....

The "Not Responsive" is not an indication of DS crashing or freezing, it just means that DS is busy playing and doesn't hear mama (windows) calling - You just need to give it more time, maybe 15-20 minutes.