Gap with falsies eyelashes for genesis 8.1 female

estheresther Posts: 608
This discussion was created from comments split from: problem with a product.

Comments

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited May 2022

Hi, I'm fairly new to daz.  I have just bought the falsies eyelashes for genesis 8.1 female and although the eyelashes seem to fit normally, when i apply the falsies texture there is a gap at the medial (inner corner of lower lashes) just near the inner canthus.

See pictures

Love esther

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 22.57.32.png
    1234 x 830 - 976K
    Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 22.57.21.png
    1278 x 832 - 1005K
    Post edited by esther on
    edited May 2022

this shows the gap better.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 23.05.38.png
    1966 x 1326 - 5M
    Post edited by esther on

See the yellow surface hilight - the lashes look like they are fitting perfectly. It's just wne i apply the falsies texure that things go wrong.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,737

Have you tried other textures to see if it is the same?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,215

Split into its own thread.

The maureen and mia lashes both seem to be working but are hard to see at the medial end because they are very very thin there in that spot. However i think they are working normally.  so it is just the falsies that are problematic.

I was thinking more of trying a different material on the falsies, specifically with a different texture in cut-out oppacity, to test if is is a specific texture that is causing problem.

When I get home from work I will try adjusting the cutout map in photoshop. Unless the product gets an update in the meantime.  I think it may well be a product boo-boo. I was hoping someone else here with same product could confirm. 

• MoogooMoogoo Posts: 136

try them on the base gen 8.1 character if they fit that char it may be character specific.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,500

it looks like you have a character dialed on the genesis 8 figure. The lashes do not actually follow the character eye shapes well particularly close to the inner eye and need their own corrective morph for each character. Also, most lash textures don't have high density of hair near the lacrimal/inner eye as most of the lash density naturally occurs slightly past the lacrimal, so a lash texture with high density all the way to the edge would look a little strange regardless. It's easy enough to at least edit the textures but the morph may be more of a fix. 

Hi disparateDream, but if it was the morph as the problem, then how come the yellow image that seems to show the geometry looks to be fitting okay.  I will try a normal geneis female and see.  Will keep you posted.

Okay i tried on a normal genesis and the gap wasn't there so it must be the morph of my character causing it i guess. I also aletered the texture cutout opacity.  but it did not fix the problem entirely. It did help a bit though.

Is there a way to put the morph of the character into the eyelashes?

It should already have it.

If you enable 'show hidden' and then select the eyelashes in the scene tab, and then show currently used, there should be a projected morph referring to the character.

But as with clothing it might need adjustment.

The quick way is with mesh grabber to get the eyelashes in place.

The proper way is to dial the projected morph out, and send it into a modelling program, where you can make a correct morph. And if saved it should be given the same name as the projected morph, so DS consider that the projected morph.

No there isn't any thing like that - maybe there is another setting to show morphs or to ask morphs to follow the main character.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 12.11.37.png
    3296 x 1720 - 5M

The 'currently used' is in the parameters

DS_currently.PNG
    474 x 524 - 44K

Hi, thank you so much - I adjusted those dials, and fixed!  well at lleast the bottom lids are. I need to check and make sure the top still fits - i think i see a little gap. maybe i can get a happy medium.  will keep trying. i feel like i'm on the right track now.  thanks so much to everyone for your help.

I can't seem to get it much better than this.  still a slight gap and if i change the dials then a gap appears at the top.  Can anyone recommend a different product for me that might not have a gap, or is it likely that i'll have the same problem with all of them?

If i close the gap at the bottom then it appears at the top.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 18.03.08.png
    1954 x 1282 - 3M
    Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 18.05.48.png
    1972 x 1330 - 4M
    edited May 2022

If the gap isn't there for the base G8F, then I don't think another product can do better, as it comes from the specific character morph.

After looking in the file list, I reliased that it looks like it is using the default G8F eyelash mesh, i.e. that it just applies materials to the existing eyelashes.

So in order to fix it, you need a corrective morph for that character - or a quicl fix like mesh grabber.

Which character are you using?

If there is a product that has morphs for the default eyelashes, then that might fix it.

Post edited by felis on

It's a blend of 2 characters.  The dials have appeared for those characters when i followed the instructions above for selecting the eyelashes and choosing currently used in parameters.  I've adjuste dthe dials a bit

I found this product. maybe this would fix the problem

https://www.daz3d.com/tm-everyday-lashes-mr-for-genesis-81-female

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 19.10.06.png
    3836 x 1612 - 4M
    edited May 2022

esther said:

I found this product. maybe this would fix the problem

https://www.daz3d.com/tm-everyday-lashes-mr-for-genesis-81-female

Yes, it has morphs for the eyelashes, so I would say that is likely to fix it.

Looked a little closer, it looks like it is primarily length morphs, so now I am in doubt.

Post edited by felis on

Maybe I should get strand based eyelashes. I think I saw a product somewhere. 

These r the strand based eyelashes but i haven't tried moving face or person to see if anything goes wrong. they look good though.  no gaps.

I posed her and blinked her.  all looks good with new strandy lashes. thanks everyone I'm okay now i think.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 19.10.06.png
    3836 x 1612 - 4M

actually i can use the other falsies eyelashes simultaneously and that combo doesn't look bad at all.

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

That's not really a fix - and I'd be dubious at throwing more money at the problem (buying new products) just for the sake of it. Couple of questions: what characters are you blending and at what percentages? What falsies preset are you using?

the character is jill valentine revelations head from renderhub 60% and La Rebecca head 40% from renderosity.  But it is a fix to me because the eyelashes now look perfect and I think the strand eyelashes actually look better than the normal genesis 8.1 female lashes did.  I was hoping when i first posted that someone else had that product falsies, but no one who had it replied.  But it was probably the non-standard morph causing a poor fit.

Love esther