Octagonal Glasses

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,071
edited May 2022 in Freebies

OK, maybe I am overstating it at the moment, but hopefully the title will fully come to fruition in time.

Please find an Octagonal Highball Glass freebie attached.

The glass is modelled on a set my wife and I bought not long after getting married. Think we have 4 left of the six.. Anyway, it's a tall glass, modelled separately from the contents. The contents have a fill level morph and a tilt morph. To avoid having to do many, many different tilt morphs I left the contents as a separate object that can be rotated in 45 degree steps to get the correct angle of tilt.

The glass and contents are totally invisible in Filament preview mode, and difficult to see in any preview mode except iRay, so I have included an opaque shader, to aide visibility, and a series of glass shaders to return the glass back to the colour you want. I have included four liquid colour shaders, Red & White Wine, Absinthe and 'Blue Lagoon' Cocktail. 

This is what it looks like:

BTW, everything in that image is a freebie except the hair, skin texture and left arm bracelets.

Regards,

Richard.

Octagonal Highball Glass Promo.png
1200 x 800 - 1M
zip
zip
Octagonal Highball Glass.zip
2M
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Thank you.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,071
    My pleasure, hope it works for you. Regards, Richard.
    edited June 2022

Please may I offer you another glass in this sporadic series. This one is an octagonal tumbler glass. Once again, the contents are separate from the glass and have two morphs - a tilt and level morph. Again the contents can rotate independently of the glass, to get the tilt at the right angle.

The glass and contents are once again invisible in Filament, so you may need the 8 shaders included.

Hope they are useful.

Regards,

Richard.

Octagonal Tumbler Promo.jpg
    800 x 800 - 368K
    zip
    zip
    Octagonal Tumbler.zip
    2M
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,296

Yup I grabbed them, they look really nice.

Pleased you like them.

I am currently working on an octagonal glass bowl & contents. The bowl has a size morph to go from 116mm wide to 250mm and height from 50mm to 125mm iirc.

I have only modelled contents for the 116mm size at the moment. For some reason I picked on a 'Fruit Salad' as one of the contents, which may not be the best thing to do. There are peach slices, pineapple, and pear chunks as well as complete & halved cherries & green grapes all in a slightly cloudy version of my white wine material. All the fruits are also avalable as separate models to drop in to your scene if you feel the urge populate a spoon while the character is eating.

Another contents I have planned is a packet 'Instant Whip' type thing, colours being cow pat butterscotch, chocolate, pink (strawberry/raspberry) and yellow (banana). I am not sure if it'll be possible to model half eaten versions, if it is, I'll do so.

Regards,

Richard

Sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing those.

I have got my first attempt at a material for the chocolate whip. At the moment I have to figure out a way, once a normal map is applied, of making it look less like it is dried out dog muck on the top surface. Looks pretty revolting to be honest. May have to make the normal a bit weaker. Will try modelling part eaten whip too, but only after getting the material sorted.

Regards,

Richard.

LOL dried out dog much, nice desription

edited June 2022

OK, just got to package it up - too late tonight.

Ended up with an octagonal glass bowl (with size morph), a fruit salad, an instant whip (four flavours - Banana, Butterscotch, Chocolate and Pink),  separate fruit salad fruit models (peach slice, grape, cherry, pineapple chunk and pear chunk), a partly eaten whip. Also, to eat it, a teaspoon and LH & RH wearable presets for the spoon.

Regards,

Richard.

Octagonal Bowl Promo.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

Whoa! This is great! I was feeling sort of hungry, must be supper time! :-)

• richardandtracy said:

I have got my first attempt at a material for the chocolate whip. At the moment I have to figure out a way, once a normal map is applied, of making it look less like it is dried out dog muck on the top surface. Looks pretty revolting to be honest. May have to make the normal a bit weaker. Will try modelling part eaten whip too, but only after getting the material sorted.

Regards,

Richard.

You could always put a metal shader on the bowl and use it as dog food

Love the glasses, thanks for those, there doesnt seem to be a zip for the bowls though.

Websoul, I hadn't packaged the lot up when I wrote it yesterday evening. I put the image up as a tempting teaser. I am pretty sure it's going to be too big for a forum attachment (5Mb limit), so it'll have to go via Renderosity anyway. Regards, Richard.
    The package is just over 12Mb, so cannot be uploaded here. I have submitted it to Renderosity for approval, and will give a DS Forum compliant link once it's approved. Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy said:

The package is just over 12Mb, so cannot be uploaded here. I have submitted it to Renderosity for approval, and will give a DS Forum compliant link once it's approved. Regards, Richard

I am browsing through your Renderosity gallery and you have some great stuff in there,
    Free poses are always great to have and the prop pose combinations look good.

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment. With my freebies, I feel that I am trying to pay back for all the help I have received from talented people, and hope my offerings will eventually be useful in some small way. Added to which, it's fun to do. Regards, Richard.
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

The package is now available at Renderosity. Thanks very much for this richardandtracy.

edited June 2022

For those (like me) who access the forum mostly through a mobile device and can't see the signature line at the bottom of this post, my Renderosity downloads are available from my freebie page here: https://www.renderosity.com/users/richardandtracy/freestuff. The bowls are the first entry. In a day or so, I will add a page for the Octagonal Bowls on the PoserDazFreebies site.

Thanks Nabob21, I hadn't seen it was approved.

Regards, Richard.

Oh bother & Blow. It appears I missed the data files for the separate fuit salad fruit pieces (not the pieces in the complete salad as that uses a combined model of all bits). I shall get them uploaded to Renderosity within 9 hours from now. 

Tested the wretched thing on a stick and DS must have used my main content directory without telling me when it couldn't find the files. Very annoying.

Regards,

Richard

OK, I have uploaded the revised file. I do apologize to anyone who downloaded the incorrect file. Regards, Richard.

Thanks for the latest freebies, I will put it to good use.

edited June 2022

Thank you so much for this wonderful glass, I'm using at https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Making-the-best-of-a-bad-day-920550749

Post edited by perlk on
    That's a really good image. Love your dress in it too. Regards, Richard.

richardandtracy said:

That's a really good image. Love your dress in it too. Regards, Richard.

Thanks!