Products installed on a new location not showing up in Smart Content

I have added a new hard drive to my PC. I'm installing products through DIM, and in DIM's Advanced Settings I've added the new folder location on the new hard drive. In DAZ, I went to Content Directory Manager and added the new folder location to DAZ Studio Formats. The new content I install shows up in Content Library, but it doesn't show up automatically in Smart Content. In order to make it show up, I have to go to Content DB Maintenance and then re-import metadata where I check the newly installed product. Installing same content in any of the old locations works fine.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,847

Have you tried right-click on the top-level container>Refresh? Was Daz Studio running when you installed? Had you just closed Daz Studio then started the installer (which can result in the database not running)?

• freeefreee Posts: 13

I did. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. No, whenever I close Daz Studio I kill the process in Task Manager.

I also tried adding a new folder to one of the old hard discs and it didn't work either. So I'm guessing there's something wrong on my end when adding new folder locations.

Killing via task Manger is not a good idea - it carries the risk of data corruption, including in the database that drives the CMS views such as Smart Content, and I would suspect may also cause issues with PostgreSQL shut-down/start up that might account for your issues.

• freeefreee Posts: 13

Fair enough. Do you think that is the source of the issue and if so what steps should I take to rectrify it?

That's hard to say, it certainly could be part of the issue. If you don't mind refreshing, as above, then either isntall with Daz Studio already running or before  starting DS/well after closing to avoid any potential issues with the database not being available when installing.