Content Management Quandry

WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I can't seem to figure out the best way to deal with my content in DS4. I have toyed with a variety of methods for organizing, but I am just getting frustrated trying to figure out how to be most efficient. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have so MUCH (way too much) content. - as of now I have 11 themed directories.

Problems: 1) The DAZ Studio Format Library won't see any files that are NOT in the "Content" folder. 2) the Poser Format Library won' t see any files that ARE in the "Content" folder.

At one time, merging all the information into the same place was supposed to make things easier. With Poser and DAZ files in the same folder, you can use the Poser Format Library, and get the corresponding DAZ file to automatically apply instead. Sounds great, but... you can't see any DAZ files that don't have a corresponding poser file.

Therefore, I would have to

a) rename all Poser and DAZ pairs to match (because many of them don't already),
b) make "fake" Poser files for any DAZ file that doesn't have matching Poser file (which will really confuse me if I try to open that file in Poser sometime, and would be very time consuming even with a script to help create them).

I thought categorizing would be the way to go, but it is very time consuming now that we don't have the ability to move categories and their contents easily, and if I don't have all the files in the same folder, when I try to search and categorize, I end up with 2 icons for everything - 1 DAZ, 1 Poser.

Now we have even more new DAZ formats, and a whole new structure to deal with in My Library.

Anybody have a really good system? Ideas?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Categorizing is the only way if you want all formats in one file. Then if you need to refine it further you can still drag and drop and make or delete new folders in the Category section.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on