Back to the beginning

BeaBea Posts: 743

Hi, I haven't used DAZ Studio for a couple of years and I just updated everything by downloading DAZ Central - this is the first time i have used it.I have always done everything manually up to now.  How do I get the Genesis 8.1 figure in my content library? Do I have to download and update anything like Genesis 8 Starter Essentials? When I look in my DAZ Central under plugins there is no Daz to Genesis 8.1 showing for me to install. I am updating my Victoria 8.1 which is taking a very long time to do. Any advice would be helpful :)

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732

Genesis 8.1 is included in the latest Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.  Preset is in the same folder as 8.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870

Default Resources has the new PBR Skin sahder used by some 8.1 characters (though not the bases).

• BeaBea Posts: 743

Thank you

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Richard Haseltine said:

Default Resources has the new PBR Skin sahder used by some 8.1 characters (though not the bases).

For what it's worth I am mystified by a lot of things, and what/how/why the skin appears on "Caucasian" type figures. I also have the Asian figure "Mr. Woo". That one appears to behave... normally eg. few if any surprises... a "medium" saturation skin surface, like.

Some Caucasian... skins or surfaces are very pale, others more saturated. A function of the lighting perhaps? Nothing wrong with either except it is usually a bit of a surprise, and side-by-side the figures may not match eg. one or the other may... appear odd. Too much saturation - or conversely, a lack of it. Just saying.

mr-woo-seems-medium.jpg
    622 x 522 - 70K
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

P.S. Sorry for drifing OT... this is my gut reaction when someone mentions defaults and skin shaders and G8/8.1

Lately I have been thinking of doing a quick spot render of the head and shoulders of each character, to help to try and sort them out eg. sorting in DS may not be optimal and it's hard to keep track.

What was that third party sorting thing that Taos did, again? I forget.

I have forgotten so much. For instance I can't remember how to make the aux viewpoint show the different render styles :( :(

Found it :) It wasn't showing the first time I opened DS but it did the second time :)