What's happened here?

Hey all,

So after successfully moving all my G8/8.1M characters over to their new hard drive, I have encountered a strange issue. Quite a lot of the characters are now greyed out in smart content. Like this:

It wont let me update the metadata, or install the file. Saying that, his files are installed (originally with DIM but moved across to new drive via Win 10) as I can use his textures no problem, and his shaping sliders appear in the parameters tab. This is true of all the greyed out characters.

I'm guessing its something to do with the files no longer being in the place they were originally installed? That being said, there are loads of other characters who have gone through the exact same process that show up just fine! I have tried the database reset and re-import but it hasn't fixed the issue.

Any ideas? It's more of an annoyance really, as I'm used to using Smart Content for browsing usually.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,410

Did you tell DS where the files are now?

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

Gordig said:

Did you tell DS where the files are now?

I believe so? I have both the new content libraries (male and female characters) mapped, as well as the original.  Like I said in my original post, a lot fo the characters appear in Smart Content just fine, but i'd say roughly 50% are like poor Armand here...

• felisfelis Posts: 3,855

Are the files present under the files tab? And if yes, what path does it list?