Playground Props

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
edited May 2022 in Freebies

On my walking commute to work I pass a playground I took my daughters to when they were small. For some reason, on Wednesday last, it occurred to me that some of the playground toys could make fun little models.

So, this is the first one of what may turn into a few models. It's a 'Roundabout Spinner', one of the playground toys that seems more fun to an adult than a kid, if I'm honest. There is the spinner prop, rigged to rotate, and two G8F poses to hold on to it (parent G8F to the spinner before rotating it.) The spinner comes with the same woefully inadequate 1m square piece of rubber safety mat as the real one.

Characters in shot above, Gou Luk and a custom character for me by TritiumCG.

Hope you like it. Next prop is a see-saw - once I convert it to DS.

Regards,

Richard.

Roundabout Spinner Promo.png
1200 x 800 - 2M
zip
zip
Roundabout Spinner.zip
3M
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

Now this is a good idea, especially with summer on the way...thanks

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
    edited May 2022

OK, now have number two in the series, a See-Saw. Not a complex model, but I have added three poses, G8F pushing up, reaching the top of the rise, and a blooper pose wher G8F has hit the upwards stops HARD and flipped face first over the handle (and who hasn't come close to doing this?).

Hope it'll be useful to someone.

Regards,

Richard.

SeeSaw Promo.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 777K
    zip
    zip
    SeeSaw.zip
    4M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015

richardandtracy said:

OK, now have number two in the series, a See-Saw. Not a complex model, but I have added three poses, G8F pushing up, reaching the top of the rise, and a blooper pose wher G8F has hit the upwards stops HARD and flipped face first over the handle (and who hasn't come close to doing this?).

Hope it'll be useful to someone.

Regards,

Richard.

tbh, I haven't :-)  The see-saws we had in the playgrounds didn't have mats either. Over time there'd be a dip made in the hardened sand where the players' feet land as well as the ends of the board.

Thank you :-)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069

In these days of molly-coddling kids, there have to be mats. It is roughly based on the seesaw in the playground I took my daughters to when they were small dots. Not like the old days... When I was a brat there was a long rocker/seesaw in the shape of a horse near my then house, with seating for four. At age five-ish I got out of sync with it and ended up snapping a front tooth when I slammed my face into it. Ahh, happy days.

Need to do a climbing frame, small obstacle course, slide and swings. May do a 'proper' roundabout too, as kids seem to prefer them to the spinners. And, not to be forgotten, the absolutely necessary metal fence that's needed to frighten teenagers off. Would you believe it, but with little obstacle courses round here, the 'stepping logs' are cylinders of rubber, because logs poking out of the ground are too likely to hurt?

Regards,

Richard.