Military armbands?

Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
edited May 2022 in Product Suggestions

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything like this, but how about some military armbands?  Armbands that fit over clothing, and are size adjustable.  Maybe dForce armbands will let them fit over different types of clothing?

They can either be freebies, or if you want to make a product out of it, make highly customizable left/right armbands, and left/right legbands.  They can be simple cloth wraps around the arm or leg.  Nothing spectacular.  They can be clean or dirty.  Plain colors or space for symbols.  Just ideas.

Post edited by Seven193 on

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

Most I've seen are parts of bigger products. Mostly WWII German

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited May 2022

Those armbands aren't dForce, so if they're going to fit over clothing, it would have to be a custom fit.

I'm hoping someone can use dForce to create an armband (or legband) that acts like a rubber band, so it can fit over any piece of clothing.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Seven193 said:

Those armbands aren't dForce, so if they're going to fit over clothing, it would have to be a custom fit.

I'm hoping someone can use dForce to create an armband (or legband) that acts like a rubber band, so it can fit over any piece of clothing.

You are better off just adding it to the texture of the clothing in Gimp or photoshop instead of waiting for a product

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited May 2022

Seven193 said:

No reason why it couldn't be a conforming item of clothing, particularly if it had plenty of adjustment morphs. Also, a mesh smoothing modifier with the underlying item of clothing selected as the collision item would help a lot.

Actually, I was able to make a reasonable armband by taking a cylinder primitive, removing the top and bottom with the geometry editor, carefully positioning it over the sleeve so it was mostly just below the surface and then applying a smoothing modifier. Parent it to the relevant arm bone of the outfit and you're good.

Another approach would be to make a geometry shell over the coat, then use an opacity map to limit it to just a strip round the arm.

armband.png
    1080 x 751 - 352K
    Post edited by chris-2599934 on

I thought about using a geoshell, but I didn't want to follow the clothing too closely, and I would have to deal with using whatever mapping it gives me.

But, a smoothing modifier with collision checks sounds like a good approach.  Thanks!

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

Can you post an image of what you are after?

I googled it and most I gound was 'MP' armbands.

Just a simple makeshift armband like the one posted above. It doesn't have to be decorated with anything.