Can no longer dock Timeline Pane Group across width of screen at bottom

I used to be able to dock the Timeline so it spanned across the whole monitor. But as of 3-4 months ago I can no longer do that. Closest I can come is across the middle Viewport pane. Never get that yellow line going all the way across no matter where I hover. Anyone know how to do this, or is this a broken feature now?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

I am told it is bnot broken, but I cannot get it to show the highlight line to dock below the Viewport at all - at the top of any pane group, yes, or at the bottom of the two side groups, but not at the bottom of the central group or all the way across. However, if I drop it in about the right place it does dock correctly.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited May 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

I am told it is bnot broken, but I cannot get it to show the highlight line to dock below the Viewport at all - at the top of any pane group, yes, or at the bottom of the two side groups, but not at the bottom of the central group or all the way across. However, if I drop it in about the right place it does dock correctly.

Can you try to clarify what "the right place" is? Ah! If my cursor is in that little dead-space between the left group and the center group, and just below the actual panes when I release, it works! Btw, if your cursor is in the right-hand half of the central group, you should see the highlight line, at least for the center group. Krikey, it's like trying to pick up a kids' carnival toy in one of those claw machines!

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013

The only way I've ever gotten the Timeline to open along the length of the screen [after being undocked] was to draw it out where I wanted it to be, then Close and Reopen D/S. Then it put itself back in place.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

Catherine3678ab said:

The only way I've ever gotten the Timeline to open along the length of the screen [after being undocked] was to draw it out where I wanted it to be, then Close and Reopen D/S. Then it put itself back in place.

Something I'll definitely try if (and when) this problem returns! It's nearly impossible to find the sweet spot to make it pop into place like I mentioned above.