Where do I report it?

I think I have encountered an exploit with DS that lets you partially keep (save) content of a refunded product.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Submit a help request.

But it is your responsibility to uninstall and delete the product from your computer, including the downloaded DIM files. Daz will not access your computer to remove product files. It is basically the honor system.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

ramon73 said:

I think I have encountered an exploit with DS that lets you partially keep (save) content of a refunded product.

I was under the impression It's up to the user to delete the files once refunded. I don't know of any auto process

edited May 2022

There was a time when a returned product was not removed from my product library (i.e their list of what I own). I had to submit a help request to tell CS about that, and they had to remove it manually. They said there was a problem with their system, which I assume they fixed at some point. But that is different than removing the product from my computer.

If something like that is going on again, the honest thing to do would be to let them know with a help request.

Post edited by barbult on
  • ramon73ramon73 Posts: 94

Well, I will just say what I encountered.

I have bought a model. I loaded the model and blended the face and body shape a bit with an other model and then saved it as a character. I have uninstalled the model using Daz Central and asked for a refund. I now loaded the saved character and all the face definitions of the character I refunded are still there in the face shape.

I haven't tried to save a model unedited and then refunding it, but that might save the face shape as well.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

Daz's refund policy has always operated on the honor system, with the probable exception of the brief period when they tried to DRM the assets. 

• ramon73ramon73 Posts: 94

Gordig said:

Daz's refund policy has always operated on the honor system, with the probable exception of the brief period when they tried to DRM the assets. 

Yeah thats  fine, I will not abuse it. I just wanted to report it just in the case this has not been discovered yet.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

ramon73 said:

Well, I will just say what I encountered.

I have bought a model. I loaded the model and blended the face and body shape a bit with an other model and then saved it as a character. I have uninstalled the model using Daz Central and asked for a refund. I now loaded the saved character and all the face definitions of the character I refunded are still there in the face shape.

I haven't tried to save a model unedited and then refunding it, but that might save the face shape as well.

You may have had the model installed with an installer AND within DS, those installations are separate and need to be uninstalled separately as well.