Specific Gen3 pants always misfit on Gen8 after reloading the scene - why?

I have a specific piece of pants that were done for Gen3. No problem so far, but in this case there is a weird behaviour.
Everytime I load the scene with the figure, the pants are out of place to some degree, not really fitting the Gen8 figure. Refitting doesn't work so I basically have to reload the pants from the menu to the figure everytime I open/load that scene. Which is pretty annoying because I use custom surface preferences for this item in this scene.

I don't have this problem with any other Gen3 clothes fitting on Gen8.

Any idea?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

I would suggest to list which pants and which character we are talking about. Or maybe an image that shows what you are observing.

And do you fit them using autofit or change of scene identification?

What happens if you fit them to another character, and then save and reload - the same?

• dream-weaverdream-weaver Posts: 96
    edited April 2022

I use autofit, it pops up right after selecting Gen3 clothes on Gen8 characters.

I just tested it with default Gen8 and in this case it loads just fine with the pants already on. So it's out of place because I use a custom build Gen8 female. Nothing out of the ordinary or extreme, just custom build. The pants are just hanging a few inches to low and cut into the body. It's like the pants stopped fitting when loading the scene with the pants already on. Like it doesn't remember the saved autofit.

I guess I have to live with it and need to apply the pants everytime I work with to make them fit properly.

Post edited by dream-weaver on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,657

For your own character morph, you can try to go into the joint editor tool and rightclick in viewport > Adjust rigging to shape.

• dream-weaverdream-weaver Posts: 96
    edited April 2022

Well, that didn't really help. It raises the pants somewhat but it also offsets it in another direction.

I think l'm going to try this thing here, maybe that helps:

Post edited by dream-weaver on