Multiple Projections of the Scene like in those Selfie Promos

Hello,

can I project the view of a camera as a material for an object?
Just like the last Promo Image of the Product: https://www.daz3d.com/selfie-stick-and-smart-phone
Or the second last Promo Image of: https://www.daz3d.com/selfie-poses-for-genesis-8-female

Would be useful to know if I have to render the scene multiple times of different angels and need to put the rendered Images into the smartphone displays.
Or if I can just render the scene one time and got all the different angels of the Scene on those Smartphones.

Would be great for Security Camera scenes. O a big Stage with some big flat Screens behind for people who are too far away to see anything.

Thank you for your help and suggestions

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808

I know it is doable in other software like MikuMikuDance, it would probably need to be implemented at machine code level or something, in theory cameras and lights are shaders 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,320

MysteriousMika said:

Would be useful to know if I have to render the scene multiple times of different angels and need to put the rendered Images into the smartphone displays.

That is a way to do it.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited April 2022

Answered apparently

Post edited by cridgit on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808

well OP amswered their own question about how one would do it cheeky

I still think the camera in camera feature would be a great addition to DAZ stidio and in theory possible but sadly probably beyond the code revealed in the API

(I honestly have no idea, just guessing since it hasn't been done like many things)

Maybe D|S5 could have it, the feed back effects you could get would warrant it IMO, reflections can be almost infinite to the discerning eye with ray tracing so canera feedback should be too.

• Hi Mika,

If you're refering to the promo with the woman in the blue dress next to a mirror, that isn't actually a projection. I ended up doing a render of the selfie shot first, then I believe I might have done a second shot as well, with the image placed as the screens diffusion, then I did a final render with that as the screen of the diffusion. It is definitely the look I was going for, but it's definitely NOT a projection.

Though, if it helps, the cameras are set up in the phone to work exactly like an iPhone, so you could always do a small shot from the phone, place that render into the display's texture file with photoshop or gimp or something, then of course do your render the way you wanted it :)