Error log, can't load Daz3d product

I recently had to reinstall my library and Daz3D thinks that should apparently be a nightmare. I'm trying to use this product https://www.daz3d.com/old-warehouse and installed through DIM and also installed in Daz Studio because I guess DIM doesn't install everything anymore. I'd like some help understanding this, thanks.

2022-04-26 18:58:19.944 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /Environments/Architecture/Tesla3DCorp/Old Warehouse/Zero Props/Old Warehouse Can.duf

2022-04-26 18:58:19.944 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...

2022-04-26 18:58:19.944 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.

2022-04-26 18:58:19.981 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 2

2022-04-26 18:58:19.981 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 2

2022-04-26 18:58:19.981 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0

2022-04-26 18:58:19.981 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /Environments/Architecture/Tesla3DCorp/Old Warehouse/Zero Props/Old Warehouse Can.duf

2022-04-26 18:58:19.981 [INFO] :: C:/Users/defaultuser/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_47063/environments/architecture/tesla3dcorp/old warehouse/zero props/old warehouse can.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

2022-04-26 18:58:19.982 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: C:/Users/defaultuser/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_47063/environments/architecture/tesla3dcorp/old warehouse/zero props/old warehouse can.duf

2022-04-26 18:58:19.982 [INFO] :: Operation failed

2022-04-26 18:58:20.364 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...

2022-04-26 18:58:20.364 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

This is an often seen Daz Connect error, as I understand itm where it have failed to unpack the file properly.

You might try to reinstall the product.

That said, I am not aware of anything that cannot be installed with DIM - it is at least the only method I am using.

And furthermore, unless you have a really big C drive, I recommend to put your content library on another drive, as it can get relly big, and you don't want to run out of space on your C drive.

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 368
    felis said:

This is an often seen Daz Connect error, as I understand itm where it have failed to unpack the file properly.

You might try to reinstall the product.

That said, I am not aware of anything that cannot be installed with DIM - it is at least the only method I am using.

And furthermore, unless you have a really big C drive, I recommend to put your content library on another drive, as it can get relly big, and you don't want to run out of space on your C drive.

I've tried reinstalling, I had hoped there was a more certain solution for this
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,656

You didn't say how you tried to reinstall.

In my view there seems to be too many trouble with Daz Connect, so my suggestion is to uninstall inside Daz Studio (Daz Connect), and then reinstall with DIM.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228

Your problem lies here C:/Users/defaultuser/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect. Onedrive is doing a file upon demand. You need to turn off one drive or uninstall it in the control panel>programs and features. So all your stuff will be in C:\Users\defaultuser\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud. OneDrive did this when I first came back drove me crazy, uninstalling OneDrive is the way to fix those errors.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,458

felis said:

You didn't say how you tried to reinstall.

In my view there seems to be too many trouble with Daz Connect, so my suggestion is to uninstall inside Daz Studio (Daz Connect), and then reinstall with DIM.

And never again log into DS or let DS use your credentials to log in automatically. 

If you have ONEDRIVE installed it will back up everything in My Documents, so some of your stuff will still end up on ONEDRIVE

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 368

AgitatedRiot said:

Your problem lies here C:/Users/defaultuser/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect. Onedrive is doing a file upon demand. You need to turn off one drive or uninstall it in the control panel>programs and features. So all your stuff will be in C:\Users\defaultuser\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud. OneDrive did this when I first came back drove me crazy, uninstalling OneDrive is the way to fix those errors.

UGGGGGGHHHHH, thank you. I don't know how I missed this. FFS, I try not to have OneDrive but ever since setting up my new PC Microsoft has been shoving it down my throat non-stop. Hopefully this can be fixed, so annoying. 

DefaultName said:

AgitatedRiot said:

UGGGGGGHHHHH, thank you. I don't know how I missed this. FFS, I try not to have OneDrive but ever since setting up my new PC Microsoft has been shoving it down my throat non-stop. Hopefully this can be fixed, so annoying. 

I use it just for screenshots. Everything else stays on my computer.