How to automate "ignore limits"?

edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I created some poses (partial) that depend on ignoring limits, I selected " when importing a pose that does not obey limits" always disregard limits, I still have to go to each shoulder and select ignore limits before using the poses. Why?

Post edited by casey42_2f850f0fa3 on

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Actually, you can change limits of every bone rotation (eg neck, l_Thin), and save the new limits.

but it will not be depricated.:coolcheese:

1. because if you change limits, when you posing figure, IK of bones do not keep their default limits,
    so the bones do not move what they expected before, sometimes cause ugly shape.
    and it make you more difficult to pose your figure.

2 some JCM morphs for adjust shaping work with bone rotation.
    if the JCM was written as move according to scope of bone limits,
    (eg default roatation limits -20 to 20, and you change -60 to 60 now,)
    the JCM will not work correctly.

the effect of JCM for rotate 10 degree , now change and may decrease.
    you can see the same effect when you rotate 30 degree.
    but it is not sufficent effect for the 30 degree rotation.

Before I changed the every limits of genesis bones, and saved it. (I can tell how to save it if you hope,
    but I can not recommend to do so)

I felt happy, new genesis could move more, and I can save the pose.

But I notice the strange shape because of many JCM work with the ratio of new limits.

So,,, I just re install genesis.dsf in DATA folda.

if you want to change limits, it is best to copy and save original genesis.dsf at folda out of daz directory
    for you can getback the default rotation limits whenever you want .

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

@Casey: which version of DS and what kind of preset did you do? "Always ignore limits" is for Poser presets. The new duf presets in DS4 RC3 (and previous release candidates as well) allow one to save and reload poses that do not respect limits. The dsa/dsb poses do save beyond the limits but when you reload the figure it still has limits on.

• edited December 1969

I use Studio 4.5 pro, the pose was saved in 4.5 also, it is not a major problem but a bit of a pita. Would it help if I exported the pose and saved it as a poser file?

Thanks to all for answers.