DAZ3D NOT RECOGNIZING TRANSPARENT PNG FILES

I am trying to place a logo on a clothing asset and no matter how many times I make a confirmed transparent png file when I load it into daz as a basecolor in iray decal mode the white border around the logo is always there! The white is not there when I load image into photoshop. Ideas?

278753242_737947580904465_6504156688392409307_n.jpg
435 x 206 - 8K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited April 2022

smb675 said:

I am trying to place a logo on a clothing asset and no matter how many times I make a confirmed transparent png file when I load it into daz as a basecolor in iray decal mode the white border around the logo is always there! The white is not there when I load image into photoshop. Ideas?

You need to provide a separate black and white cutout mask in the Surfaces pane. Daz Studio does not recognize transparent background PNG files in the way you expect.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 043542.jpg
    631 x 475 - 37K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,879

it does in LIE which is confusing

years ago I made a shader in shadermixer that could use them but it doesn't work for iray, so I bet it could be done by some bright spark

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,850

WendyLuvsCatz said:

years ago I made a shader in shadermixer that could use them but it doesn't work for iray, so I bet it could be done by some bright spark

Easy enough with RSL in the SM, the Image Map brick splits the Alpha from the RGB, which allows you to plug it directly into Opacity Color.

Iray is a different story, there is no direct way to get it to use an alpha channel, in the SM the Texture Instance brick only has Tint and Mono outputs (Color and GrayScale).

Iray can be "forced" to use the alpha, but you will need to use the Iray Uber shader and the Image Editor tool in the Surfaces tab to make it work.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the other problem with LIE is it can sometimes delay the screen to load once it's been transferred from the HD to RAM. sometimes it's very noticeable.