Hexagon on a Mac

JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I'm interested in buying Hexagon to use on my Mac. My use would be to slightly modify existing models from Daz Studio. The product description states that the Daz Studio bridge is not yet available for a Mac. Is that a feature that is coming soon? Is there another way to work with existing models for Daz Studio?

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited May 2015

As far as I know, it does work on Mac's - in fact, development on Hex stopped once Daz got the bridge working for Mac's. Don't know about the latest versions of the Mac OS, though. Hopefully someone with a mac can confirm this.

You don't need the bridge to do what you want - you can export as .obj., which we did all the years before the bridge. The bridge simply cuts out a few steps.

Daz has a good "money back" guarantee if you buy and it's not to your liking within 30 days.

Post edited by Roygee on
  • JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

I purchased it because I got it for $5 yesterday.

I had an installation issue, an error message that the current user didn't have permission to write to the directory "applications", even though I was logged in as administrator.

I installed it in my documents folder.

The Daz Studio bridge does work, even though the product description states that the bridge does not work on a Mac.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-2-5-download-version

from that page:
    Hexagon works with 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10. However, you have to type in the serial number digit by digit, you CANNOT copy and paste.

then:
    MAC USERS: Hexagon 2.5 is not universal binary and may have some stability issues on the Intel Mac.

that being said my personal experience with Hex on the intel mac drove me to get over my fear of the Blender interface.
    let us know if it works out for you. You may need to allow the installer permission to run through the security panel
    >System Preferences...>Security & Privacy (general tab: There will be a warning if OS stopped the installer)