How does one create an ARMS UP Controller with ERC morphs?

2»

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Just tried to do it but I think I made a mess. SO luckily I have a backup of the small morph.

What I did was in the ERC Freeze part after the scaling to 45.3% was chose the medium in the list (I really wish there was search tool to make finding stuff easier there, it's gotten so long that scrolling takes forever and hitting "R" for RAM is kinda time consuming too...) then saved out the morph by selecting the small morph but realized that was not right.

Might try one other idea. Might take the Medium morph and copy it over to the Small folder in the data folder and rename most of it internally so it's got all the right internal names and then shrink it, ERC it and maybe that will work.....

edited December 1969

I think I got it fixed but would love for you to still share your information for later use if possible.

I opened up the Med dsf file in in Edit Pad Pro and got to work replacing all the Med with Small... considering there was a mile of code for all the tweaks I made to the rigging bulges it took about an hour. Saved that out and then opened up the new "Small" in DS. Got a Dup ID and needed to go back and search for any left over Med and found 3 I missed. Got that done, back to DS and loaded up a new instance of Genesis. No complaints. Dialed up Fuzzy Small but of course came in at the Med size. Scaled it down to 45.3% and went to the Joint Editor and ERC Froze it and of course the "Scale" was list. So even though it's a "cheat" in my book it still works just fine. I'm happy enough. Nice thing is that my long list of body enhancements I made work just fine on this so folks that need or want Fuzzie bigger, more muscular or what ever can use mine or other folks and it works. A good many of the expressions need to be used at lower values to get the same expression and many of the face morphs are not pretty when mixed with the little guys face morph! lol

As always, thanks so much everyone, esp Nicci for the help! I very much appreciate it! Learning more every day about all this!

TheMightyFuzzie.jpg
    997 x 997 - 116K
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

Well I just started up DS4.6 and went to run through some tests and the steps for you, but... aargh!!!! the ---bleeping--- Property Editor keeps crashing DS on me.... lol...

I guess I'll need to dig out my old computer with DS4.5 on it... but I know that they made some big changes to Genesis with 4.6 besides the changes in 4.6 itself... so that may be related to some of the issues... maybe... thinking out loud again...

Anyways, I looked at some of the Genesis shapes that I made in the past that scale the figures scale parameter when the shape is applied, and it is like I said... adjusting the slider for the shape automatically adjusts the scale parameter slider at the same time... just wish I could run through the steps without DS crashing on me.... well just need a while to get the other computer up....

Still don't know why the small morphs rigging didn't work right, as I have a few morphs I made that I imported in as small or large and adjusted the rigging to the new size and they work just fine... I wonder if it has anything to do with the new CTRLRig properties they added to Genesis in 4.6.... thinking out loud again... lol... wish I could investigate further without the PE crashing on me... aargh!!!!

nicci... ;)

edited December 1969

Well perhaps it's a bug in DS 4.6. One never knows. Perhaps you can run some tests on your computer that's running 4.6 and see if you come up with odd results. If so a bug report should be filed. If not I guess it's some weird glitch on my end.

edited December 1969

Hi...

Well I don't know if it's a bug or not at this point because I cant test any of my theories since the Property Editor in 4.6 keeps crashing DS on me when using Genesis...

I'm really curious if the rigging issues your having has to do with the changes that were made to Genesis for 4.6... really wish I could test it out...

I might try moving all but a few morphs out of my Genesis morphs folder to see if I can get it to behave... my morphs list is endless... lol...

nicci... ;)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Crashing where? I just opened the Property Editor with Genesis selected and it took over half-an-hour to populate the pane, but it did get there in the end.

edited December 1969

Fuzzy Cham!

This is conforming the Cham costume I made for Genesis to Fuzzy Small. The boots ate it a bit but other than that pretty good.

Cute too!

FuzzieCham.jpg
    997 x 997 - 433K
    edited December 1969

Crashing where? I just opened the Property Editor with Genesis selected and it took over half-an-hour to populate the pane, but it did get there in the end.

Hi Richard...

I had mentioned this in another thread in response to another user that was having DS crash when trying to select the Parameter Settings for the Head...

I can open the Property Editor and select Genesis and it does populate after quite some time.... but as soon as I try and select any bone node in the hierarchy or perform any type of edit in the PE or an ERC Freeze, I get an instant app crash of DS... no DS log file, just the Windows error report... it say a fault occurred in the Qt module... this is Win 8 full btw...

Now it only seems to happen when using Genesis, I haven't noticed it with any other figures I've used, but I suspect that's partly because my Genesis file is loaded with morphs... I still have to try moving the bulk of the morphs out of the morphs folder and try with a slimmed down Genesis to see if it still crashes on me... I don't want to file a bug report on it if I can narrow it down to just my end...

Well, I don't want to hijack the thread here, but if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears

nicci... ;)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Fuzzy Cham!

This is conforming the Cham costume I made for Genesis to Fuzzy Small. The boots ate it a bit but other than that pretty good.

Cute too!

He looks really cute....

nicci... ;)

edited December 1969

No worries about the hijack. I'm glad I'm not the only one that had that issue with the Properties Manager!

Fixed the boots too so now the Cham boots now have a fit that kicks in when Fuzzy Medium or Small are dialed up.

Worked this AM on getting Chameleon Boy for Genesis mostly finished up so hopefully I'll have that done SOON'er than later! lol

Probably get back to the SuperSet next to make sure I have all the fit morphs done for all the shapes. So many shapes! ARGH!

As you can see from the posed image of Superboy the suit has either needed weight map or joint bulge tweaks. I'll check it out in the next few days.

Superboy-BulgeWeightMapsNeedTweaking.jpg
    1087 x 914 - 138K