is this character compatible with poser?

videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
edited May 2015 in Poser Discussion

Hi, is this new character at daz store compatible for use in poser 10 32 bit?? And are the new HD characters compatible to use with Poser 10 32 bit?
http://www.daz3d.com/lyfw-adrienne-hd-for-victoria-6

Thanks

Post edited by videoninja719 on

Comments

• Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I would also like to know about compatibility in general for products like these as it's a little misleading.

The top right lists:

Compatible Software: DAZ Studio 4.7

Which implies that it's a Daz only item...

BUT the Notes say:
    This product includes:
    1 DSON Core Installer

Which implies that the it's compatible with Poser. It is the DSON files that make the Genesis series work with Poser isn't it or have I got that wrong?

This isn't the only product that doesn't list Poser in the 'Compatible Software' section yet it includes a DSON Core installer in the Notes section.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

"DSON core" files are actually the .duf files for DAZ Studio. The files that make it compatible with Poser are "Poser Companion Files" or ".pz2 or .mc6 materials."

This is an example of a product that has Poser materials: http://www.daz3d.com/alani-for-callie-6

Adrienne does not come with Poser materials.

• Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

"DSON core" files are actually the .duf files for DAZ Studio. The files that make it compatible with Poser are "Poser Companion Files" or ".pz2 or .mc6 materials."

Wasn't the DSON import supposed to make things compatible?

...but wouldn't ALL products com with a DSON Core?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Craggles said:

Wasn't the DSON import supposed to make things compatible?

...but wouldn't ALL products com with a DSON Core?

Yes, all products do, basically (except those that are Poser-only, or are .objs, etc.). You can see this looking at items in the store.

I don't know why they chose to call the importer and the base file type the same thing. It is confusing to me, too.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2015

DSON core file Main DS file
    Poser core file Main Poser file

DS CF file, for a Poser core file, so it will work in DS

Poser CF file, for a DS(ON) core file so it can be imported to Poser, using the DSON importer

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    edited December 1969

there are no poser based files included with LYFW Adrienne.

• videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

Lyoness said:
    there are no poser based files included with LYFW Adrienne.

Thanks for the info:)

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Simple way to remember: DSON -- Daz Studio ONly. Whenever you see anything just marked DSON it only works in Studio 4.5 & up. But If Poser Companion Files are listed with it, then you can use it in Poser (versions 9 & up only!) with the DSON Importer. And if it also has a Poser Core Installer, then it works in Poser without all the hassle. Otherwise, forget it.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I don't know why they chose to call the importer and the base file type the same thing. It is confusing to me, too.

DS uses DSON files (daz scene object notation), and the importer imports DSON files for use in Poser, hence DSON Importer.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

Some stuff will work with D3D's free DSON Loader script. DX30's shoes work well, as an example, with some tweaking to the materials:

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

You can also make Poser CFs in Studio, but they won't work any better than the above script.

If it's something you really, really, REALLY want and/or the price is right, you can give it a try; at worst you can ask for a refund. However, most of the other characters by the artists that created this DO have Poser CFs, so there may be a reason why.....

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

WandW: Thanks for the link.:-) That Python script worked wonderfully in Poser Pro 2014 even though it was made for an earlier version. I was able to convert older clothing items made for the first Genesis figure then load it into Poser.

I just recently started using the DSON CF installer for Poser and it has been great to be able to buy new items not made for Poser. However, not all models come with the Poser CF files. The D3D script worked on the old "Short Order Cook" model which doesn't work well if just exported to a CR2 within DAZ Studio. When fitted within Poser, it blows up into a huge mass of something. Using the D3D script, it conforms normally. It does show an error about PMD files which I just ignore.