Help with dynamic clothing.

michaelolsonmichaelolson Posts: 117
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I don't understand why this is happening and it's getting frustrating. Often when I purchase something then start Daz it isn't in any directory ( content, smart content, etc...) and I have to do a windows search and go to the file location and click the file there, which starts daz and then that object seems to get registered in Daz and after that it's ok. If any one knows why this is happening...

But to the main subject at hand. I downloaded 2 dynamic clothing items, the fantasy robe and a kilt. They are made for Michael 4 and I was learning how to put them on the Genesis 2 characters a couple of weeks ago - no problem. I'm ready to make my scenes now and I loaded the Michael 4 character and clicked on the robe to dress him. It looks like Daz is doing something but then no robe appears and when I check the scene menu all it shows is the fantasy robe rig, and the eye is clicked closed. When I click it open still nothing shows up ( which makes sense since it is just the rig ). I uninstalled the robe and kilt and reinstalled and still the same thing. Anyone know what is going on and how to fix?

Thank You.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434
    edited December 1969

If you get the rig but not the model that usually means that the Dynamic Clothing plug-in isn't working - did you perhaps install the control plugin without having a license? The base, free, plug-in is installed by DS and not by a separate package.

As for not finding the content, are you trying the Content Library pane? If it isn't there how are you installing - manually or via DIM?

• michaelolsonmichaelolson Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Thank you. That makes sense because I just realized my dynamic clothing plug in isn't showing up in my tabs menu at all either. I bought it, installed it and ran it fine weeks ago. I just uninstalled it from Daz and reinstalled it and it's still not showing up.

??? Also, I was using the automatic installer ( dim? )

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434
    edited December 1969

Check Help>About Installed plug-ins - is the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in listed but asking for the serial number? If it's listed in red, with no serial box, what info is shown at the bottom of the dialogue when you highlight its entry?

• michaelolsonmichaelolson Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard! Your a great help, you should really get paid for this. It would have taken me forever to figure that out. The green activation light was out and it said the review period was over, which is strange I thought I typed in a license but I also used licenses for other products I bought at the time so maybe I didn't. Anyway I went to my serial numbers and pasted it in, all's fine, thanks again!