Where are the morphs for Four Arms?

KaimetsuoKaimetsuo Posts: 48
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Yesterday I purchased this product:

http://www.daz3d.com/four-arms-for-genesis

In it's description it states it has:

9 Supported Base Morphs:
FBMBasicMale
FBMBasicFemale
FBMBasicChild
FBMBodybuilder
FBMBodyVolume
FBMHeavy
FBMPearFigure
FBMPotBellied
FBMThin
2 Supported Evolution Morphs:
FBMFitness
FBMFitnessDetails

It has several other pose controls, materials and such, but I want to focus on this part. Where are the morphs? I've been over the item in question, which is a figure that is being labeled an attachment, that is added to the Genesis figure, making it's previous abdomen invisible, or gone, and replaces it with the 4 arms figure. This figure then can be posed separately from the rest of the Genesis figure via the Parameters Tab. However, there are no morphs listed in any of the parts of the figure to adjust how the figure looks. Considering that 11 different morphs are listed on it's product page that are supported by the figure, I would assume they are located somewhere, but thus far I have been unable to locate them.

I have done a search for help with this problem, and the only thing I found was a person looking for morphs to be added (such as claws/longer fingernails) and also problems with the way skins interact with the figure. (Which is another problem I am having, but I'll get to that once I find the morphs.) Any help someone could provide would be wonderful.

Thanks very much in advance.
~Lady Quantum
http://lady-quantum.deviantart.com/?rnrd=135221

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

You select Genesis and apply one of the listed morphs.... Four Arms will follow

• KaimetsuoKaimetsuo Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for this. :) It has helped and fixed the problem with the arms not being the same size as the main figure's. I am including a picture of what I am creating for reference so people can see. Any idea on how to fix the skin problems with how it fits where the second set of arms connects to the torso? It appears that some of the leg (I guess hair is the best way to describe it) is showing. It there a way to get rid of that, or is it something that I need to get rid of in postwork?

Thanks very much in advance!
    ~Lady Quantum
    http://lady-quantum.deviantart.com/?rnrd=135221

GaryTheDemonTest3.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    edited December 1969

He actually looks real cool.... I believe you are using RawArt Rae-el Demon texture. His materials are based on M4... the Genesis part changes to M4 UVs in the surface tab.... but the Four Arms part when you apply the material will not interpret the M4 UV so the texture maps don't line up right for the back arm part and if you look closely some of the other areas although still cool looking. I am not much of a texture artist guy but I guess you could adjust a copy of the limbs texture or use LIE to cover/fix parts of it or a 3D texture painter like Blacksmith or Carrara ... or fix it in post if you have Photoshop or Gimp.

I haven't used Four Arms in quite a while.... but I remember limited skins and clothes unless you are creative.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    He actually looks real cool.... I believe you are using RawArt Rae-el Demon texture. His materials are based on M4... the Genesis part changes to M4 UVs in the surface tab.... but the Four Arms part when you apply the material will not interpret the M4 UV so the texture maps don't line up right for the back arm part and if you look closely some of the other areas although still cool looking. I am not much of a texture artist guy but I guess you could adjust a copy of the limbs texture or use LIE to cover/fix parts of it or a 3D texture painter like Blacksmith or Carrara ... or fix it in post if you have Photoshop or Gimp.

I haven't used Four Arms in quite a while.... but I remember limited skins and clothes unless you are creative.

I wonder if the Map Transfer Utility would be of any help?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    MrPoser said:

I wonder if the Map Transfer Utility would be of any help?

As I recall the four arms have their own UVs - at least for the chest portion, since they need to match up across the graft. This was one of the limitations of the set.

• KaimetsuoKaimetsuo Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Do you think that using Photoshop I could somehow retexture the four arms skin to look like the Raw demon so it would fit right?

edited December 1969

Load both maps in Photoshop/Gimp and use the clone brush to copy to the Four Arms map from the Demon map in a separate layer, blend in and save as a new Four Arms map. Your usage should be careful of course to not violate any of the TOS copyrights.... but you could do renders of your cool character.