AOBB's The Scandinavian for G8.1M head morph. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited March 2022 in Freebies

I didn't think I'd finish this morph so quickly but I did so here it is up for grabs.

This morph can be used in both noncommercial and commercial projects. 

Here he is: The Scandinavian - an outdoors guy, adventure seeker and introvert but once he's your friend - it's for life. And if he so pleases, he can be the soul of a party too!

Assets used in promo images:

Hudson Hair for G8M

Winston Avenue Outfit for G8M

Winston Avenue Outfit Textures

Bold Brows II for G8.*M

Natural Eyes for G8.1M and G8.1F

Sten HD (materials)

Ultimate Iray Skin Manager

Skies of Economy

Enjoy and Happy Rendering!

AOBB

zip
zip
The Scandinavian for G8.1M.zip
2M
Scandinavian F.png
482 x 750 - 1M
Scandinavian TQ.png
511 x 750 - 1M
Scandinavian P.png
493 x 750 - 1M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

Looks awesome! Where do I download?

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Sorry about that, perlk. I've uploaded the images and zip file but somehow the attachments got "lost in translation", which I didn't notice before. Thank you for pointing this out! yessmiley

Cheers,

AOBB

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

Downloaded - thank you so much!

My pleasure, perlk. smiley

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

good job

Thank you, nonesuch00! smiley

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 839
    edited April 2022

Hey AOBB! I was DAZ doodling last night and ended up trying out the Scandinavian. Went BW again, since I've really developed a weakness for it and can't help myself... He was looking younger as I was trying him out, so I gave him a more vintage street style. :D

P.S. I've started populating a gallery album with my renders of your face morphs. It's nice to bring them all together. (They're at https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4589405318676480#gallery=album8876884&page=1 and going up one a day or something) 

LI - AOBB Scandinavian.jpg
    1120 x 800 - 442K
    Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • In vaguely related news, there's a documentary out on the 80's band a-Ha!, and it's kind of sad how intrigued I am to see it.   "Take On Me" was THE theme song for the era in my mind.

Genetics were very very good to these three guys, particularly Morten Harkett, who looks better at age 62 than most guys do at 20 :D

a-Ha-2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 377K
  • KainjyKainjy Posts: 747

@AOBB
    Thanks !

Contact me if you want to convert to a Product and create a DIM compatible ZIP (so it's easier to use).  

edited April 2022

@SapphireBlue - your image is just soooo cool. It could be in some great magazine! "Your" Scandinavian looks much better than "mine"! Wonderful job and great posing! Thank you and I'm honored that you made a special place in your gallery for your renderings using my morphs.

@Three_Wishes - Those A-ha guys were really good looking and the video for "Take On Me" was a real blast. Another of their songs that was popular and I loved was "Hunting High and Low".

@Kainjy - It would be great to turn this head morph into a product and make it easier to use. Thank you for the willingness to help! I really appreciate it !smiley

I have created a new head morph that still requires some work and as I have a guest now for a longer while staying at my place I don't really have time to finish her. In the end though I'll upload her:

You will find another image with her here:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1215716

Thank you for all your appreciation. It's like having honey poured all over my heart. smiley

AOBB

Sunny Afternoon Close Up.png
    628 x 933 - 2M
    Post edited by AOBB on
    edited April 2022

@SapphireBlue - I've "Liked" all the renderings you put up in your gallery with my morphs so far. They are exquisite and deserve the recognition I see they are getting. I didn't post any comments under the images, because I feel it would be a little bit self-promoting and I don't want to steal your thunder. Thank you for putting in a good word for my head morphs! That is very generous of you. smiley

Cannot wait to read the comments to The Scandinavian on the motorcycle! He looks like a cross of the A-ha guys (you're so right here Three Wishes!) and James Dean and the whole image should be in Vanity Fair. Seriously! 

heart

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on
    edited April 2022

Fair warning - I am fixing all the head morphs I have uploaded so far starting with the Hollywood Glamour series. I'm fixing those weird teeth. I don't know how I could have missed that. So far I have done all the gents from the HG collection, the Astronaut and the Debutante. I have changed a little bit the shape of Debonair's head and made his eyelids thicker but it is still the same face. I also moved The Astronaut's jaw a little bit back and made his lips bigger, however all those changes are subtle.

I have also finished the G8.1F head morph of the lady whose render I posted before. I called her Serene. Here is a promo image of her (she looks much different than in the previous image even though I have only widened her jaw somewhat):

I'm lucky that the guest that is visiting us is very understanding plus I work mainly at night when she's sleeping... wink

Stay tuned and if you are reading this, please don't download the old morphs that came before The Scandinavian, because the upgraded versions will arrive all in one thread pretty soon (including the new lady)!

Cheers,

AOBB

Serene F.png
    595 x 750 - 527K
    Post edited by AOBB on

Thanks. I will try to find them in the forums to update them.

@nonesuch00 - the fixed morphs and the new one (Serene, in a separate thread) are up for grabs already. You'll find them easily. The thread titles start with "AOBB's". Enjoy! smiley

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - the fixed morphs and the new one (Serene, in a separate thread) are up for grabs already. You'll find them easily. The thread titles start with "AOBB's". Enjoy! smiley

Thanks!

You are very welcome!

edited April 2022

Thank you so so much for the lovely words and the likes, AOBB!! heart I was glad to see the BW renders of all the glamour morphs getting noticed in the gallery crowd - I don't think people were expecting 1940's characters and photo styles all of a sudden... Alluring and Rugged's romance especially is doing rather well and pulling on some heart strings! laugh It's only superceded in popularity by a humorous Felton puppet render I recently did, whose popularity is one of those weird surprises...

"Take on Me" and "Hunting high and low" were also my favorites of a-ha - such great videos for both of them!! And yes, there seems to clearly be a bit of the a-ha guys and James Dean in my render of the Scandinavian! Hahaha
    Got a little busy these past few days, so I'll continue uploading more of the AOBB morph renders this week!

Oh, Serene looks classic and great!! I used to enjoy the Pre-Raphaelite style a lot - the flooding of detail and colors, and lush characterization and symbolism. I was intrigued by Dante Gabriel Rosetti's work as the combination of life story, paintings, real life muses and poetry was very interesting. I've been meaning to do some renders inspired by Kinuko Y Craft's illustration style (she has some Pre-Raphaelite influence in her work I feel) - so perhaps that is now Serene's destiny!!

Can't believe your updated morphs and Serene are already up! Will go download everything... Thank you! heart

@SapphireBlue - I've never heard of Kinuko Y Craft's art. I've checked her out and must say that the faces and hair of her women reminds me very much of Botticelli's "Birth of Venus". I definitely detect an influence there. Great fantasy art. Subtle and feminine with so much detail to look at. It would be great to see your take on her style. I think Serene would fit into that aesthetic nicely.

I'm also very happy that your b&w 40s style images are getting the recognition they deserve. smiley Maybe that will inspire the budding DAZ artists to broaden their artistic horizons and include different styles and influences in their works. I'm not surprised the images with Alluring and Rugged are getting most likes - they are like stills from an old movie and they tell a story in a very stylish way.

I'm very curious what else you will come up with. You have a great imagination, SapphireBlue.

heartCheers yes,

AOBB 

edited April 2022

A sincere thanks, as always, AOBBheart

I grew up very partial to illustrated stories especially fairy tales, and that has had its influence on me all my life. I came across Ms Craft's work more recently as I got some of her books for my kids. Her work is detailed and colorful, and yes, there's definitely Botticelli and other Pre-Raphaelite influences in there. I thought it'd be nice to go crazy re-creating something like that in DAZ, and Serene has a lovely face to match it! It might take me a bit of time to try out though... : )

I wanted to thank you for taking out the time to give me your insight on 3D animation! That Blade Runner example is a great one. I'm afraid I wasn't clear in my description, because I totally agree with you! I'm not considering animation, only hoping at some point to make some still image films as music videos. I like the idea of simple stories told in images that can capture a mood or atmosphere, and think it'll be a very rewarding experience as much as it'll probably be a time-consuming one.

I had a song and a BW noir storyline planned for a previous detective and lady character couple, and thought to put the story narrative together as a still image video for them, then got happily distracted with rendering Alluring and Rugged who have their own and different feel. In any case, I ended up writing a different little song for Alluring and Rugged, so maybe I'll do a little video for them with just a few romantic renders. I take forever with these things (I have too many things on my back burners blush), so it might be a long while coming, but if or whenever Alluring and Rugged get their song and simple matching video out, I'll of course let you know!! laugh

Phew! I'm relieved that you don't plan on doing an animation, SapphireBlue! I'm sure your stills combined with music will be exquisite. I really hope you'll find time to focus on those, because I really want to see them! smiley