Genesis skin templates?

cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm trying to make a custom skin for a otter character. I'm having a hard time getting patterns to line up, been fumbling my way through it so far, but is there a layout guide someplace to help with lining skins patterns up a little easier.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited May 2015

cdemerit said:
    I'm trying to make a custom skin for a otter character. I'm having a hard time getting patterns to line up, been fumbling my way through it so far, but is there a layout guide someplace to help with lining skins patterns up a little easier.

Store templates are in your Product library, Sultan's seam guides are on his website.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Direct link to my Genesis seam guides: http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/genesis_seams.zip

edited December 1969

Thank you ;-)

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    edited December 1969

Direct link to my Genesis seam guides: http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/genesis_seams.zip

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

You can also try Blacksmith3D/Reality Paint. It's a decent investment if you're going to do a lot of texture making. They have sales now and then, esp. during the holiday season-- check their site now and then because you never know when it will be on sale (personally, I prefer to purchase software directly from the developer's site as opposed to a third party site just FYI, often because you're more likely to get upgrade discounts if you purchase directly from the site as opposed to a third party) Of course, if you have Photoshop CS4~6, then you can use the 3D Bridge plugin to paint it there. However, this is exponentially more expensive (even with monthly prescription, over time) than Reality Paint. Unless of course you just take advantage of the 30 day free trial of photoshop CS-whatever the latest version is during most of your free time for the next month. Of course, there's still the cheapest route of using seam guides and loading/applying the texture in DAZ every time you save an edit until you get it right.

edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    You can also try Blacksmith3D/Reality Paint. It's a decent investment if you're going to do a lot of texture making. They have sales now and then, esp. during the holiday season-- check their site now and then because you never know when it will be on sale (personally, I prefer to purchase software directly from the developer's site as opposed to a third party site just FYI, often because you're more likely to get upgrade discounts if you purchase directly from the site as opposed to a third party) Of course, if you have Photoshop CS4~6, then you can use the 3D Bridge plugin to paint it there. However, this is exponentially more expensive (even with monthly prescription, over time) than Reality Paint. Unless of course you just take advantage of the 30 day free trial of photoshop CS-whatever the latest version is during most of your free time for the next month. Of course, there's still the cheapest route of using seam guides and loading/applying the texture in DAZ every time you save an edit until you get it right.

I have an older edition of Blacksmith's 3D paint ... you still end up touching up painted textures and testing them in Daz Studio until they are correctly finished. it may paint over seams, but it does not do the seam allowance. 3D-Coat will add in a buffer zone though if said option is checked off.

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Blacksmith3D does have a configurable "Bleed UV Seams Brush". Also, the Professional version comes with Texture Transformer which in the latest version not only can take a V4 UV Map and convert it to other pre-defined models but allows the user to create their own texture transformations. The process is documented in the manual and it is quite involved to say the least.

I also find that I can load two different models in Blacksmith and using the clone brush copy details from one mesh model to the other regardless of UV mapping. It is on sale often and that would be the time to buy, also there is a trial version. I use Blacksmith3D mostly for modeling morphs but lately I have been exploiting the paint functions more.

I know this is not a topic about Blacksmith3D, but since it was mentioned I thought I would add what I know about it.