Naturally Real Material Options for Victoria 8.1

Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 479
edited March 2022 in Freebies

This is a full set, with metadata, of improved material presets for Victoria 8.1. These presets will increase realism, especially in the eyes and mouth. Resulting in a more attractive and expressive Victoria 8.1. Just unzip and copy the two folders (People and Runtime) into your DAZ runtime (on my system it is here C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library). Enjoy!

If you want to see these in action, I used these materials for the promo renders for my newest product out today https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-lt-sci-fi-outfit-for-genesis-81-female

Naturally Real Material Options for Victoria 8.1.jpg
2000 x 1300 - 308K
zip
zip
Naturally Real Material Options for Victoria 8.1.zip
2M
Post edited by Half Life on

Comments

• Thank you :-)

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Thank you

• Half Life  Would you please "edit" your first post, add a couple spaces anywhere and resave the post. This will bring back into view the attachments on your post.

Right now, they are not appearing. May be showing for some, but not all. This is a forum glitch. Thank you.

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Just downloaded. Thank you!

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Thank you so much!

• Thanks very much for this!

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444

If you want to use other textures for this (if you don't have Victoria 8.1), how should they be arranged in the shader?

• Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 479

To my knowledge this is using the same textures in the same way as all the Generation 8.1 DAZ characters. IIRC the difference is one of changes in settings, rather than changing usage of textures.

• I don't have Victoria 8.1, just the basic genesis 8.1, and this item fails as not being able to any of the needed parts, giving very long list of file names. I even download and reinstalled the 8.1 starter stuff, no joy.

edited April 2022

Yep, that is the expect result. It is made specifically for Victoria 8.1 and requires her unique textures to load correctly. Genesis 8.1 uses a completely different shader configuration (the old Iray Ubershader) and texture set (based on previous Genesis bases). The Generation 8.1 DAZ characters all use the DAZ PBR Skin shader, and contain multiple new types of textures that you will not find in previous generations (or the base Genesis 8.1).

Post edited by Half Life on
  • So you are saying that the base 8.1 figure lacks the required items. Strange thing to do when starting a new character series? But also tried it on several other 8.1 figures and get the same result.

As I said, this was made specifically for Victoria 8.1 and therefor requires her texture to load properly. You can manually try to change other 8.1 characters textures afterwards if you are the adventurous type, but I did not make this for any character other than Victoria 8.1, so you would need to do all of that manually.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444

BronzeDragon said:

So you are saying that the base 8.1 figure lacks the required items. Strange thing to do when starting a new character series? But also tried it on several other 8.1 figures and get the same result.

The best method to use other textures here is to load the blank dev figure and whenever the program is asking for a texture, you just pick another one from the folder of another figure. Pay attention to the letters at the end and file names. I.E, D for Diffuse, R for Rough, W for weight,etc.