Turning Spectral Rendering on blows scene out with light

Using Sacrament prop by Jack Tomalin, camera is inside a cathedral, when I turn on spectral rendering the lighting blows out the scene with light. Is this something new with Studio 4.20? Its never done this before. When I turn off spectral rendering it goes back to normal. Oddly, with spectral rendering on, the large stained glass window goes dark and the interior is way overlit. When I turn spectral rendering off the stained glass window is perfectly lit up as the distant light is outside the structure simulating sunlight. Is this a bug? And yes, I'm using the Sacrament prop upgrade for iray.

Comments

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,603
    edited March 2022

There were changes made to spectral rendering with 4.20. I don't have that particular set, otherwise I'd check it out. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • thanks, I didn't know this. I'll have to research this further.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,103

I just ran across this myself.

https://www.daz3d.com/mick-great-hall

You can reproduce the problem by simply loading the scene subset then clicking the "Spectral Rendering Enable" button from Off to On.

Removing the opacity maps from the candle flames(all 34 of them) fixes this.

To do them all at once;

Activate the Surface selection tool (SHIFT+ALT+M)

Right click one of the candle flames in the scene and select "Select Surfaces using the map of.."

Then choose "Opacity" from the list.

On the Surface pane, scroll down to the opacity channel and remove the map.

A nearly all white map was used.

Hey wait, I think you may have just fixed ghost lights.

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

I was wondering what's wrong when I made a scene and turned down all the lights, but it still did it! Then I turned it off so I tuned the lights back up 

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

IceCrMn said:

I just ran across this myself.

https://www.daz3d.com/mick-great-hall

You can reproduce the problem by simply loading the scene subset then clicking the "Spectral Rendering Enable" button from Off to On.

That was the setting I was using too! 

• Well, I knew there were a lot of candles in the scene but i never really paid attention as I figured they wouldn't have this great an effect. So much for assuming. Thanks IceCrMn.