Help please!

king.bidzinskiking.bidzinski Posts: 66
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am trying to render my first image and for some reason when I render and save it is a very tiny png how do I get real sized renders?

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

In the render settings under General, check your Pixel Size H & W. This will define the size of the image output.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,444
    edited December 1969

Based on the fact that it is in .png format, which I am betting you did not save to, I would say you are looking at a render thumbnail and not the actual image.

Where did you save the render?

• king.bidzinskiking.bidzinski Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Based on the fact that it is in .png format, which I am betting you did not save to, I would say you are looking at a render thumbnail and not the actual image.

Where did you save the render?

I do not know were it saved to, it ended up in scenes
    edited April 2015

Daz's Default image to render to is PNG and all my renders have been PNG (I've felt no need to change it.)

The path and filename are also defined in the render settings under General
    The Image Name is the name the file will be given when the render finishes
    and Image Path is where it will save the render to.

*edit*
    But since you said you found it in scenes, then this is probably in fact the thumbnail for the Daz scene file and not your render.

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
    edited December 1969

So I tried it again and it saved to a folder of my choice as a png but didnt look the same as the image I look at in daz it was blurred a bit maybe I did something to make it this way

edited December 1969

Probably the Depth of Field setting turned on in the Camera settings?

edited December 1969

I will look at the camera settings and check back

edited December 1969

Ia turned it off, this is in the render settings or cameras lights tab?
    edited December 1969

What is 3delight? everytime I use that it renders like a blown up balloon should I use open gl ?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405
    edited December 1969

Ia turned it off, this is in the render settings or cameras lights tab? Depth of Field is in the Cameras settings, and is actually something you want ON. The idea being to have the focus be on your main subject with the things much closer, or off in the distance blurred, just like in real life and photography. The trick is getting the camera properly focussed.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,466
    edited December 1969

What is 3delight? everytime I use that it renders like a blown up balloon should I use open gl ?

3Delight is just the render engine. Can you post an example of what it's doing?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

3Delight is just the render engine. Can you post an example of what it's doing?For some reason when I render with 3delight it turns out like she is an inflated balloon nothing like the image in daz, I will upload something shortly when it finishes, does the spec of your computer make a difference with rendering ect?

edited December 1969

Is your view set to one of the lights instead of the camera? that could be 1 reason for the out of proportion render.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Is your view set to one of the lights instead of the camera? that could be 1 reason for the out of proportion render.

I always get an error message that pops up when trying to render through a light...

error.png
    364 x 69 - 2K
    edited December 1969

So I thought id go through the tutorials and do the barefoot dancer one and when I go to render it does nothing or saves my file as a jpeg that is just black no render

edited December 1969

I got it to render but the image is like a small photo now, how do I make it bigger and like a desktop background sized image?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I got it to render but the image is like a small photo now, how do I make it bigger and like a desktop background sized image?

That was already answered a few posts back:

In the render settings under General, check your Pixel Size H & W. This will define the size of the image output.