I have created this kiddie pool and want to verify paths

I've created this kiddie pool and hope all the paths work.  If you like it please let me know or if you find issues please let me know.

Thank you

kiddiepool.jpg
1000 x 952 - 60K

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035

I download it and ran it through validator (a tool we PAs get to ensure that everything is packaged --with no missing textures references-- nicely before submitting our products), it found these three files are included in the zip but aren't referenced:

• “data/karlsfriend/KidsToy/KIddyPool/KiddyPool.dsf”
    • “data/karlsfriend/Product/flipflops/073Thongs_5442.dsf”
    • “data/karlsfriend/Product/flipflops/flipflops.dsf”

This means that these are extra files that you can take out.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,222
    edited March 2022

1) It looks like you've got a bunch of extra stuff in this zip file, including someone else's product files (Xena flipflops). You (or moderators) should remove this file from the forum until that is fixed.

2) The Content Checkup utility shows the following errors:
    Unused .dsf-files:
    File: Kiddy.Pool/data/karlsfriend/KidsToy/KIddyPool/KiddyPool.dsf
    File: Kiddy.Pool/data/karlsfriend/Product/flipflops/UV Sets/karlsfriend/Base/default.dsf
    File: Kiddy.Pool/data/karlsfriend/Product/flipflops/UV Sets/Xena/Base/default.dsf
    File: Kiddy.Pool/data/karlsfriend/Product/flipflops/073Thongs_5442.dsf
    File: Kiddy.Pool/data/karlsfriend/Product/flipflops/flipflops.dsf
    File: Kiddy.Pool/data/karlsfriend/Product/KIddy Pool/KiddyPool.dsf

3) The folder name Kiddy.Pool is non-standard, with a period between the words.

4) The geometry of the pool itself is all triangles (not quads) and is not optimized for use in Daz Studio. The bottom of the pool seems disconnected from the sides. Applying subdivision to smooth out the roundness of the pool makes a real mess. See screenshot of pool with subdivision.

5) The material is cute. I like the yellow fish on blue background. I hope that is your original design graphic. Edit: Ah, sadly no. Google lens shows it is not, and you may not have rights to use that image in this context.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 153721.jpg
    1792 x 1542 - 693K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I've removed the zip for now.

• Thank you guys soooooo much!  I really appreciate it.  I actually created a graphic fish but it wasn't as good as this one.  I'll do that before I post this again.

You all are awesome!