European bike - looks nice, but would not be allowed on our streets - lamps, brakes anywhere?

The European bike  https://www.daz3d.com/european-bike regrettably lacks lights and reflectors as well as brakes. The way it is, it would not be allowed to drive on German streets.
Does anybody know where to get brakes, dynamos, bicycle lights, and reflectors which could be added to this bike?

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited March 2022

cherpenbeck said:

The European bike  https://www.daz3d.com/european-bike regrettably lacks lights and reflectors as well as brakes. The way it is, it would not be allowed to drive on German streets.
    Does anybody know where to get brakes, dynamos, bicycle lights, and reflectors which could be added to this bike?

I noticed that too - wouldn't be streetlegal in the Netherlands either.

It's still a nice enough model (as a kids' bike), but something like this would be a lot closer: 

index.jpg
    650 x 400 - 87K
    Post edited by Nath on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

I bought the Hivewire Vintage Bicycle, not sure if it moved over to Rendo. 

11938-vintage-bicycle-main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 290K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,469

Also a mirrored version to any that I have used or seen, the chain should be on the right side instead of left.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    edited March 2022

PerttiA said:

Also a mirrored version to any that I have used or seen, the chain should be on the right side instead of left.

You can just set the X Size to -100 to achieve that.

There are Dutch bikes with no hand brakes, instead you brake by peddling backwards, so maybe that is what they had in mind with this bike.

Post edited by Havos on

Havos said:

PerttiA said:

You can just set the X Size to -100 to achieve that.

There are Dutch bikes with no hand brakes, instead you brake by peddling backwards, so maybe that is what they had in mind with this bike.

Yes, pedal brakes are normal on traditional looking bikes, but the bracket that provides the counter force is nowhere to be seen. 

Brake.PNG
    538 x 368 - 168K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Does it have a male morph? I see it has male poses, but wondering if it has the adjustable bar.

• Serene Night said:

Does it have a male morph? I see it has male poses, but wondering if it has the adjustable bar.

If you want morphs for adjustable male bars you need to go to another store.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

memcneil70 said:

Yes it did.  Just put the exact name you typed out in their search engine at 'Rosity and you'll see it.  It's a nice product!  

Richard Haseltine said:

Serene Night said:

I think she meant the upper bar on the bicycle wink

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

RAMWolff said:

memcneil70 said:

Yes it did.  Just put the exact name you typed out in their search engine at 'Rosity and you'll see it.  It's a nice product!  

In case you have trouble finding it the vendor is TheAminaGemini (not Hivewire).

Without a cross bar, step through bikes are seen as ladies bikes mainly.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Richard Haseltine said:

Serene Night said:

yeslaughyes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,815

I thought it was so the ladies could behead with a sword without catching their skirts in the chain

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

You also never leave the top half of the chain slack. Either model it under tension, or hide it with a chain guard.

I've found most bicycles here to be lacking.