Does Installing the Newest Version of DS Erase the Older Version ?

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

Does Installing the Newest Version of DS Erase or UNINSTALL the Older Version?  Can I have 2 different versions of DAZ Studio on my computer at the same time?

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648
    edited March 2022

Yes. Unless you rename the folder on your hard drive where daz is intalled, to include a version number. Like This:

Screenshot 2022-03-01 135046.jpg
    664 x 200 - 23K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

yes, unless it is a beta version, then the two can be installed along side each other

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

zombietaggerung said:

Yes. Unless you rename the folder on your hard drive where daz is intalled, to include a version number. Like This:

Thank you.  So  I create a folder with the NEW VERSION number?  And do I manually install it into that folder, or does DIM know to install the new version there automatically?  Are the plugins automatically installed too?  

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648
    edited March 2022

In my experience, before installing the new version I renamed the previous versions folder then installed the new one as normal. As in I use the exe installer from my product library. I don't use DIM or Central or any of that. I cannot speak to plugins since I don't use any, aside from the default ones that come with the program. And there seems to be no issues with using them in the different versions of the program. 

Post edited by zombietaggerung on