Can we do some pertinent tutorials

dannybrightonlinedannybrightonline Posts: 46
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi, I recently purchased hexagon and while I can find many tutorials on how to model a bolt or screw or lamp...and God knows why anyone would waste time creating something like this...I don't find a single tutorial on how to create a simple set for daz avatars??????
I'm really trying to learn and if someone would please just show how to create a simple room with clear windows I would be so very grateful.

Help a noob guys and I'll take off running as I learn.

thank you for hour time

Danny Bright

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited April 2015

Hi, I recently purchased hexagon and while I can find many tutorials on how to model a bolt or screw or lamp...and God knows why anyone would waste time creating something like this...I don't find a single tutorial on how to create a simple set for daz avatars??????
    I'm really trying to learn and if someone would please just show how to create a simple room with clear windows I would be so very grateful.

Help a noob guys and I'll take off running as I learn.

thank you for hour time

Danny Bright

Well I don't about an hour, am multi-tasking here so until we'll see ...

First of, check a few things in the Preferences.
    You'll want a higher rather than lower number of "undo" options BUT don't expect to use that many. Save and/or Incre-save projects often. Then now and again "save as" under a new name maybe even into another folder. [I nest them].

003.png
    1104 x 501 - 87K
    002.png
    1366 x 728 - 163K
    001.png
    1011 x 621 - 124K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Some more pics ...

006.png
    959 x 600 - 123K
    005.png
    1026 x 728 - 143K
    004.png
    1193 x 530 - 89K
    edited December 1969

And some more pics.

011.png
    1366 x 577 - 134K
    010.png
    1150 x 564 - 156K
    009.png
    1181 x 568 - 115K
    008.png
    1244 x 571 - 130K
    007.png
    860 x 577 - 91K
    edited April 2015

And the last for now.

To fix the uvmap, there are several options. Easiest might be to put each island to its own Shading Domain. Then assign each a new uvmap. Rearrange them as desired, remove the Shading Domains ... make new shading domain(s) for the final .obj file.

Uvmapping is done "last" because any further editing to the mesh will zap it.

Hope this helps, have fun.

014.png
    1118 x 681 - 142K
    013.png
    1074 x 525 - 125K
    012.png
    976 x 613 - 129K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited April 2015

Thank you Patience for doing this, I'm sure lots of people will find it useful.

I just popped over to your DA (Clouds Link) and spotted your tutorials posted there - I've read a few and they are well worth a look :)

Note - I was wondering if there was any way this tutorial and other newer ones could be grouped together somehow. Is there anyone in charge of the Hex Forum ?

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited April 2015

the point of the tutorials you'll find on hexagon, are not to teach you how to model a specific object, but rather, how to use tools to achieve a given result. many of the methods used, can apply to making other things.

Post edited by useroperator on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Patience for doing this, I'm sure lots of people will find it useful.

I just popped over to your DA (Clouds Link) and spotted your tutorials posted there - I've read a few and they are well worth a look :)

Note - I was wondering if there was any way this tutorial and other newer ones could be grouped together somehow. Is there anyone in charge of the Hex Forum ?

Thank you.
    As to listing my tuts, I do tend to remove them now and then, updating some along the way. I normally just link to my gallery there and normally keep my tuts also in their own folder there.

edited December 1969

the point of the tutorials you'll find on hexagon, are not to teach you how to model a specific object, but rather, how to use tools to achieve a given result. many of the methods used, can apply to making other things.

So true and of all tutorials for any program.