Dalek appreciation thread

12346»

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Yeah, Daleks are his passion.  I've teased him as being the Davros of the 3D world.

This one, in particular...

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/stlb-gs/68520

...employs "switching geometry" allowing one to depict over THIRTY THOUSAND variations, over 60,000 when you realize one model has a "lpunger" and a second has an articulated "claw".

Sincerely,

Bill

• I may, if me health holds up, make some more Daleks and some much needed updates to my older versions.  I realized some of the "canon" versions weren't all that accurate so I've been trying to remedy that.  Anyhow, if and when they're released into the wild, you'll find 'em at the usual place.  :)

@Redfern ... Davros?!  Hehehe.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Hmm, rarely see activity in this thread!

Aww, you sell yourself short.  You are the definitive Dalek maker within the Poser/DAZ community.  Even your "custom" concepts retain that distinctive silhouette far better than the infamous New Paradigm design from the Matt Smith years.

Still, I look forward to whatever you eventually share.

Sincerely,

Bill

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,579

..crikey, they're back,  

• What Could Possibly Go Wrong? "Supreme, are you sure this is a good idea?" "What, Strategist, you mean opening a portal to an alternate dimension & time where the Daleks actually conquered the Universe, so they can tell us how it was achieved?" "Yeah, I'm just getting this feeling that we've forgotten something...." "Nah, it's foolproof, what could possibly go wrong? They're Daleks" "...They're Daleks..." "Oh... All of a sudden I've got a bad feeling about this..." "So you're the Inferior Loser Daleks that can't conquer the Universe? You know what's gonna happen next, right?" "Oh Spheres!" ============================================= What could go wrong indeed! I always liked the New Paradigm Daleks, but there's always room for improvement, I call these the New Paradigm Upgrade or NPU. =========================================== NPD by Billyhome Cable by Stonemason Doomsday Torchwood sphere room by Arjin
    1 Dalek NPU NPD Showdown 000.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    1 Dalek NPU NPD Showdown 001.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    1 Dalek NPU NPD Showdown 002.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
  • icehawk_629b49c68bicehawk_629b49c68b Posts: 15
    edited August 2020
    Sorry, not sure what happened to the formatting there...
    Post edited by icehawk_629b49c68b on

...ah, those "pepper potswith an attitude".

• Only just seen this tread. Thought I’d put this up.

This is a model I made in sketchup based on the famous 60s book cover. I exported it and rendered in daz Studio. Not sure I got the shape quite right probably a bit too tapered but for a first Dalek attempt I think it captures the spirit of it.

Though very different from the actual TV Daleks I sort of like the look of it from a nostalgic point of view.

60s-book-dalek 2.jpg
    685 x 850 - 69K
    60s-book-dalek 3.jpg
    566 x 792 - 59K
    60s-book-dalek 1.jpg
    792 x 792 - 176K
    edited November 2020

..."Cheeseygrate! Cheeseygrate! 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • blutobluto Posts: 828
    Artbyphil said:

Only just seen this tread. Thought I’d put this up.

This is a model I made in sketchup based on the famous 60s book cover. I exported it and rendered in daz Studio. Not sure I got the shape quite right probably a bit too tapered but for a first Dalek attempt I think it captures the spirit of it.

Though very different from the actual TV Daleks I sort of like the look of it from a nostalgic point of view.

nice work 

• What Could Possibly Go Wrong? "Supreme, are you sure this is a good idea?" "What, Strategist, you mean opening a portal to an alternate dimension & time where the Daleks actually conquered the Universe, so they can tell us how it was achieved?" "Yeah, I'm just getting this feeling that we've forgotten something...." "Nah, it's foolproof, what could possibly go wrong? They're Daleks" "...They're Daleks..." "Oh... All of a sudden I've got a bad feeling about this..." "So you're the Inferior Loser Daleks that can't conquer the Universe? You know what's gonna happen next, right?" "Oh Spheres!" ============================================= What could go wrong indeed! I always liked the New Paradigm Daleks, but there's always room for improvement, I call these the New Paradigm Upgrade or NPU. =========================================== NPD by Billyhome Cable by Stonemason Doomsday Torchwood sphere room by Arjin

They're toast.  They're completely toast.  Nice.

On the other hand, there's a reason the Alternate Dimension's Daleks conquered their universe and ours had not.  And that reason prefers trainers, fezzes, and twenty-foot scarves.  And sometimes celery or fish-sticks and custard.