I have a MacBook Pro M1: Is DAZ Software ready to run native?

I recently received my new Apple MacBook Pro M1 Max, so now I'm asking for these products; what are the plans for full M1 "ARM" compatibility?  The products are ordered by descending priority for me, and my new MBP's specs appears in my signature below.

• DAZ Studio
  • Hexagon
  • Bryce

Specifically, I want to know if DAZ already has or plans to make these software products fully support the Apple M1 architecture, and to what extent...for example, is it using Rosetta?  Or is it supported by the M1's native instruction execution?  Does rendering support use of the M1's GPU cores, or does it just use the CPU cores?  Also, what is the RAM requirements?

Oh, and I really think that this information should have been posted somewhere on the DAZ site.  I mean somewhere IN MY FACE so that I could have clicked on a banner or button to find this information for myself.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Daz Studio is running, under Rosetta, already and has been for some months. Unfortunately the other two have not had updates for quite a while now, and nothing has been said about possible M1 compatibility (if they do not currently run).

• Richard, thank you for that.  I know you have an "in" with the powers that be, right?  wink  I was hoping you (or somebody else with internal DAZ superpowers) could let those powers that be know that a statement of direction would not only be nice, it is actually the right thing for DAZ to do to help the company's customers decide whether or not to be a part of the future direction for DAZ software.

If I didn't already have a full-time career ouside of the fields of art and animation, I would be a lot more upset about the opaque treatment that I as a customer receive for most of DAZ's products (Hex, Bryce, Carrara).  DAZ should be transparent about this, because not saying anything for years on end is a terrible way to treat the same people who would be shopping in the company store.  If my livlihood had been at stake here, I might have been forced down a different path by now.

In absence of a "product roadmap", DAZ should at least be putting out periodic updates for the second-tier software products.  The best way for customers like me to know that Bryce is important to DAZ is to occasionally see an actual update for Bryce.  Maybe then that guy Subtropic Pixel will get off your cases about letting Hex and Bryce rot on the vine.  And yes, "rot" is the correct word.  It's 2022 and Bryce still isn't 64 bit.  It's still a crashfest.  That's rot.

Sorry for the screed.  Okay, you've got me, I'm not sorry for it because I'm entirely justified to be upset here.  But thanks for listening.